Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 94 GT Convertible w/136,000 miles on it. I am not familiar with Mustangs, so I was hoping some of you could tell me what I should look for when I go to check it out. Thanks for the help!:worship

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It amazes me that no one here has offered any help on this. In the Jeep forum I belong to we would have several people who would have offered their input. Way to make an impression on a newbie..........:madas:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Reeelaax, its been all of a day since you posted, sometimes people are busy. There are no major known issues for the 94-95 Mustang GT's. The 3.8 engine had a problem with failure of the head gaskets.

The car has a 5.0 motor making 215hp, 288lbs tq.

There were a couple of minor recalls.

Recall - Cooling Fan Motor Circuit Breaker Installation
Recall - Air Bag Module Inspection/Replacement
Recall - Park Brake Control Modification

There were a couple more, nothing major though.

The car has a lot of miles on it so basically look for what you would normally check for on any car with that age and miles on it. I would probably avoid an auto with that many miles on it since the stock auto tranny's were a little weak in those years.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The '94 - '95s are a little quirky, as some of their parts (which you would think would be the same) are different, such as the bellhousing, headers and H-pipe, and front engine dressing(pulleys and such). The '94 and '95 do avoid the dated look of the Fox bodies('79 - '93). I'll bet that fewer than 20% of the regulars in this forum are driving SN-95 'Stangs. We should have a poll.
I'll bet that as daily drivers, the SN-95s kick the Foxes' butts in terms of civility, ammenities, and comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.