Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I did the outside of my GT (not wax) but a good wash, cleaned the tires using Meguiars NXT Tire cleaner, Meguiars Hot rims for my Fanblades, and Meguiars NXT insta shine for the mirror coating on the tires. Now I bought the meguiars nxt tech protect but didnt use it on the interior yet as I wasnt sure if it would harm anything. What do you all use to detail the interior of your mustangs? I have IUP and ICAP so I have the red inserts in the doors and the bright dash.

Should I use the Tech protect on everything of just the plastic parts??
Also what is the ICAP door inserts made of...I dont want to damage them.

Thanks

Also if someone can think of a better cleaner for the exterior or interior let me know.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've got the ICAP too, and I've been using Armor all Low Gloss on the interior plastic panels. Most of the interior products are comparable quality-wise, but I like the no-so-glossy. The insert panels are vinyl, as is anything red that your body doesn't touch on the seats. IE, the backs of the buckets, the headrests, and the entire back seat is vinyl. I use the armor all on those, brightens the color nicely.
On the leather surfaces, find a good leather-specific conditioner and separate cleaner. Avoid the stuff with silicone in it, look for lanolin and other natural conditioners. It's kind of like religion - pick one you're comfortable with, and then defend it adamently.

Best stuff for cleaning windows - Stoner's Invisible Glass aerosol. That and a good microfiber cloth, and the back window is actually smear free!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it ok to use these plastic/vinyl sprays on the IUP dash as well?

I would hate to dull its brilliant luster.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It's vinyl so no prob. Actually being that vinyl is a man made leather so to speak you can use the same stuff on leather, vinyl, and plastics. I would not recommend using the same thing on leather, but it will not hurt it. Use a good leather conditioner like Zymol, or Lexol. However, with that said u can use leather stuff on vinyl without any probs what so ever. I have 6 years detailing experience.. Take it for what its worth.

Did I add any confusion???:eyebulge: A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square....

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Keep in mind if you use a spray on the dash... be prepared to have a pain in the arse removing it streak free from the windshield:winks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
It's vinyl so no prob. Actually being that vinyl is a man made leather so to speak you can use the same stuff on leather, vinyl, and plastics. I would not recommend using the same thing on leather, but it will not hurt it. Use a good leather conditioner like Zymol, or Lexol. However, with that said u can use leather stuff on vinyl without any probs what so ever. I have 6 years detailing experience.. Take it for what its worth.

Did I add any confusion???:eyebulge: A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square....
The IUP dash has an aluminum overlay, what do you recommend for that?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If it is simply an overlay, I would recommend simply dusting/wiping it off and not using any products on it. I would have to see/feel mine when it arrives to know what material it is for sure. Maybe ask me in about 10 days and I'll know!:winks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Just dont be feeling on mine!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Hands to ourselves:laughlitt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts