Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, its me again, asking yet another question for all you mustang experts. (thanks to all for the great answers in the past by the way). The latest question, what transmission should I run in my 1988? It has an AOD right now and when I bought the car I immediatly said "damn, gotta find a T-5". After looking around on here though, I have found that some people really like the AOD and state that its tougher than its given credit for. As for engine mods, I plan on GT40 heads, Trick flow upper and lower intake, cam, and I already have a few bolt ons (cold air intak, MSD ignition components, and stuff like that). I dont plan on trying to squeeze out 500hp but still want to be able to go to the track without looking like a fool. So, hunt down everything to swap to a T-5 or put a shift kit in the AOD?

I tried searching the site for the answers but, Im not very good at finding my way around here yet. That being said, (off topic), if anybody has a link to a good suspension article could ya post it for me? Thanks again everyone. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sharad can help you with the links

But I think for that combo, that t5 would be fine, barely. But maybe not much more than that. Auto to me would sacrifice daily driving fun, I love stick. My first stang was an 86vert aod stock.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts