Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready for my pi swap, and i know that afterwords im going to want a tune, a good one. mostly because i know the compression is going up and its just going to need one. wich tuner should i get? i think im going to go with sct, but i dont know if i should go with the one that has caned tunes, or the one that you customize yourself. i dont have any experience with handheld tuners.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
SCT makes a great tuner
and u can get a ton of custom tunes for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All the handhelds are the same, when it comes to custom tunes. Use whatever your local tuner uses. The SCT has more user options, than the Diablo, but you're still going to need a custom tune, so it doesn't really matter.

If you're interested in tuning yourself, there is also Sniper tuning software. Their entry level software Special Forces, has more user options than any handheld. You use a laptop or desktop and choose from drop down menus to select your mods. It then creates a tune based on that. To accurately tune, you also need a wideband o2 sensor and gauge. They also have Commando, which is much like SCT's PRP. It gives you 100% control over the computer, but has a steep learning curve. Probably more info than you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i should defenately get the custom tuner, and not the one you have to send in to get new tunes put on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.