Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 mustang gt and im looking to increase the horsepower. i just made a topic about this, but now i am refining. im looking to see witch tuner is the best, and most compatible with other upgrades, as if i were to add a intake, muffler, or other stuff. if you have any ideas what i should do, please let me know, and please let me know if it is hard to re-tune the mustang after i install another upgrade, or is it just a matter of getting the right tune and just plugging it in, clicking on the new tune, and following the on screen directions. thanks alot - sorry if i reposted the same stuff.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright cool i think ill do that, but how hard is it to install the tunes? or is it basic follow the screen instructions for each tune?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
alright cool i think ill do that, but how hard is it to install the tunes? or is it basic follow the screen instructions for each tune?
It's pretty much idiot-proof. You won't screw anything up. Plus you always have us around to help.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The only thing to remember is not to interrupt it when its loading it. You will also see some error messages so just disregard them. Its normal.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a whole bunch for the support! also one last question, if i do the bbk intake + the tuner, as a package, will it come with the custom tune that i need for the bbk?

and also if i want to put a 40 series flowmasters on it, am i going to need to re tune it?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
thanks a whole bunch for the support! also one last question, if i do the bbk intake + the tuner, as a package, will it come with the custom tune that i need for the bbk?

and also if i want to put a 40 series flowmasters on it, am i going to need to re tune it?
Order your intake and tuner as a package deal and you'll get the tune you need to accomodate any mods you have. No extra tuning is needed for the flows.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, and stl wagon i want to say thank you so much for helping me out, but i LOVE your mustang, i ive got the same one, just no tape stripe down the middle, do you know where i can get one? i dont have a scoop on the hood, would that matter?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
ok, and stl wagon i want to say thank you so much for helping me out, but i LOVE your mustang, i ive got the same one, just no tape stripe down the middle, do you know where i can get one? i dont have a scoop on the hood, would that matter?
My stripes are painted now but when I had vinyl I got them from www.graphic-express.com and installed them myself.

·
Banned
822 Posts
What? No love for Bamachips here?
I'm running the Bamachips 91 torque tune, and I'm quite happy with it. I'd say it feels like a refined version of the stock tune, or what the stock tune should have been like...a much improved throttle response, and pulls like a beast when you foot goes down.:happyhapp

·
Registered
17 Posts
93 torque tune, Bama chips all the way. But a guy rich who owns RADMUSTANGS is running 11's n/a with a breenspeed tune. But i like bama better just cause they will send up upgraded tunes even if you didnt buy the parts from them.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
93 torque tune, Bama chips all the way. But a guy rich who owns RADMUSTANGS is running 11's n/a with a breenspeed tune. But i like bama better just cause they will send up upgraded tunes even if you didnt buy the parts from them.
I bet with his mods, Rich would run 11s with brenspeed, tillman or bamachips. I run bamachips but all three tuners are good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well since were talking Tunes. I just loaded one of my new Bama tunes today. Out of the 3, I loaded the 91 Torque.
Awsome...best buck85 I ever spent.The car definently pulls harder above 2grand. I did expect it to shift harder but it still shifts way better than It did. My guess is the race tune will shift as hard as I had it doing from my feable attempt to modify an existing tune.I had so much fun on the way home, I'm not sure I can bring myself to load the 91 race or perfomance.
Did someone say free upgrades?? How do I know when they come out?
I'm sure Tillman & Brenspeed give a good service also, but I am very satisfied with mine.
Great Job Doug!!! & Thanks:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.