Ford Mustang Forum banner

What was YOUR first mod ever on your mustang?

2986 Views 45 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  2014_GT
Hello friends.

I have not done a single thing to my automobile, yes yes, it is all stock. As soon as I get my next paycheck I can't wait though! I feel like a kid in a candy store scrounging around American Muscle's website. I think I would like a new deck lid panel, that will probably be my first purchase. I can't get into that faux gas cap aesthetic at all.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Mine was a new shifter ball for my MT.
first for me was tearing it apart... on the 06, pulled the fenders, interior, bumpers, and re caulked all the missed areas, bedlinered all the areas likely to get stonechips underneath... wife came out to the garage and saw the new car in pieces, just shook her head and went back in the house :)

painted the lower bumper trim line and rockers/wing black, added a magnetic trunk blackout - then sequentials and Silverhorse Racing window louvers... then a fang shaker hood, 18" wheels- they rode too rough for me and cost 3mph at the strip, went back to 17's with huge rubber this summer. rides great- did a 5800 mile trip from ohio to grand canyon, ride reminds me of my old lincoln mark VII, but steering is better :)

cool thing about Mustangs, theres plenty of stuff out there to choose from to get whatever look you like :)

9 yrs later, still just love to look at the car...
See less See more
first for me was tearing it apart... on the 06, pulled the fenders, interior, bumpers, and re caulked all the missed areas, bedlinered all the areas likely to get stonechips underneath... wife came out to the garage and saw the new car in pieces, just shook her head and went back in the house :)

painted the lower bumper trim line and rockers/wing black, added a magnetic trunk blackout - then sequentials and Silverhorse Racing window louvers... then a fang shaker hood, 18" wheels- they rode too rough for me and cost 3mph at the strip, went back to 17's with huge rubber this summer. rides great- did a 5800 mile trip from ohio to grand canyon, ride reminds me of my old lincoln mark VII, but steering is better :)

cool thing about Mustangs, theres plenty of stuff out there to choose from to get whatever look you like :)

9 yrs later, still just love to look at the car...
That's so beautiful, good work! Is that the his and hers next to each other?
See less See more
The first Mods on my 06 (RIP) was Steeda springs/JBA exhaust/Body kit
The first Mods on ONX was cut my Antenna down to 8" then hood scoop/tinted turn sigs/rear markers
Hello friends.

I have not done a single thing to my automobile, yes yes, it is all stock. As soon as I get my next paycheck I can't wait though! I feel like a kid in a candy store scrounging around American Muscle's website. I think I would like a new deck lid panel, that will probably be my first purchase. I can't get into that faux gas cap aesthetic at all.

Hey Glasgo,

I know the feeling of waiting for mods mememe.gif, it's so bitter sweet!

I just wanted to drop in here and let you know that I'm here if you have any questions or need anything at all! I'm just a PM away.

Meanwhile, I noticed you were looking at Decklids.

Good choice! A new decklid panel was one of the first mods I did on my 14!

Happy Moddin'!

-Will
See less See more
On my 07 V6, it was a JLT cold air intake ans Bama tune. I've since sold that and got a 13 GT. First upgrade on that was whiteline adjustable rear upper and lower control arms, adjustable panhard bar and coilovers. No need for power upgrades just yet!
First thing I did was install gas lifts for the hood.
My first mod was a set of oem Ford sun visors with Car2you garage opener and lighted mirrors. Ford never put these in the 2011's so I purchased 2012's.

2011 ingot silver GT premium convertible: brembo package,shaker 1000,back up camera
First thing I did was the prop rod delete and put the Redline Tuning Hood Struts on, chose those because they look like it came with them stock.
See less See more
I owned new muffles for my '13 GT before I even owned the car lol.
Just a few cosmetics, I want to keep it stock.
New speakers for my Shaker 500. Focals in the front and Kickers in the back.
Roush axle backs for me. They were installed before I signed the papers.
I started really small!
I installed Gloss Black 5.0 Emblems on my 13 Stang.
Getting more expensive each time I get something new! Ha
Barton short shifter and bracket on my 2014 GT, big difference on the driving experience
Boss strut tower brace [ cheaper than the GT brace and clears either manifold ]. 2nd. was window tinting. 3rd. was splash guards for the front fenders, I was already getting rock nicks on the rockers. I have other things in mind, but nothing that will affect the warranty.
Shift knob was first, GT500 axle backs were second
I started really small!
I installed Gloss Black 5.0 Emblems on my 13 Stang.
Getting more expensive each time I get something new! Ha
Small but a good purchase! Gives it a little flare.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.