Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Look for a set of Roush RR03 wheels. They are a forged 18x10 wheel that are light. Finding them used, you may get them for about the same price as the black BBP wheels you posted. They run $6-700 new per wheel online.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Neither. The black BBP wheels are 19" and the SVT wheels are dated looking anymore. How about some 2010 SVT wheels? 18 x 9.5 and about 19 lbs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Neither. The black BBP wheels are 19" and the SVT wheels are dated looking anymore. How about some 2010 SVT wheels? 18 x 9.5 and about 19 lbs.

Whoa - are you sure they're only 19lbs? If so, then I know what my next wheels are going to be.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Grimace, do you need any spacers with the Enkei's? I know Vorshlag was talking about them at some point in their forums.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Wheels that are round and straight

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've seen quite a few have a set of the steeda pentar wheels for track use. I'm contemplating them as full time replacements for the BBP I have on now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tsw

I've been running the hell out of some TSW 18 x 9.5's and from what I have seen they are really hard to beat. They are only 21 lbs and the quality is pretty impressive. JHR is not a wheel company so I'm sure you can find a better deal out there but take a look at the pictures on our site.

TSW NURBURGING MATTE GUNMETAL WHEEL - JOE HECK RACING INC

Oh and I forgot to mention that they have miles of clearance. I have 14" front and rear brakes and they're not even close to hitting.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The 19 x10's are...I was looking at 18 x 8.5's last night but can't find the link. They quoted the 18's as being a little over 20 lbs. Sure there are a lot lighter wheels out there , but they get really spendy, really quick. The SVT's look like a pretty good bargain.

The SVT wheels are more like 29 lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 19 x10's are...I was looking at 18 x 8.5's last night but can't find the link. They quoted the 18's as being a little over 20 lbs. Sure there are a lot lighter wheels out there , but they get really spendy, really quick. The SVT's look like a pretty good bargain.
The shipping weight for the 18" wheels is similar to the 19" BBP wheels, which are around 30 lbs. I'll try to find the thread where this was brought up once before. Someone at Rehagen confirmed it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
If you say so.... But the BBP's are 19 x 9.5's... how close is similar? Hell, I have the BBP wheels, not a fan regardless!!!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
@F91
Please see attached spec sheet...
19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels​
(Brembo Brake Package)

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looked up weight of wheels and this was all I could find on Steeda wheels...

Ultra-lite 1 silver- 24 lbs
Ultra-lite 1 chrome- 25 lbs
Pentar chrome- 29 lbs
Ultra-lite 2 18x9.5 chrome- 28 lbs
Ultra-lite 2 18x10 chrome- 29 lbs

I've been running the hell out of some TSW 18 x 9.5's and from what I have seen they are really hard to beat. They are only 21 lbs and the quality is pretty impressive. JHR is not a wheel company so I'm sure you can find a better deal out there but take a look at the pictures on our site.

Oh and I forgot to mention that they have miles of clearance. I have 14" front and rear brakes and they're not even close to hitting.
Those wheels are nice but they don't look as good as the rtr due to not having the concave middle.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Perfect and your price doesn't suck.

Do the center caps fit? That's a minor problem with the TRM wheel recommended by Vorschlag.

Do all wheels come with the proper TPMS sensors these days?

·
Registered
659 Posts
How come the JHR website says the wheels weigh 24lbs? Is it due to the additional weight of shipping materials? 3lbs for cardboard and foam that weighs nothing seems like a lot if the rims are truly only 21lbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts