Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i would like to know what a stock 85 GT went....and im wondering after a few bolt ons such as Headers...h-ipipe no cats...full cat back...under drive pulleys , K&N air filter... i have a 650 cfm edelbrock carb...carter high volume fuel pump...I will be using nitto drag radials...and some type of adjustable lower and maybe upper A arms...then if i bolt on my [email protected] blower or i might go tthe nitrous route not sure yet...if i go nitrous it will be a 100-125 shot...so what will this combo get me????

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
They were usually in the mid 15 second range when stock. With your combo plus either the nitrous or supercharger, you'll be in the mid 13's.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were usually in the mid 15 second range when stock. With your combo plus either the nitrous or supercharger, you'll be in the mid 13's.

Really my cousin had a brand new 86 GT he ran 14.1-14.3's all day long and it was bone stock....so i was hoping for at least very high 14's lol out of mine.....I hope to run very low 13's maybe i would like to see a high 12....i hope....i dont know....My Mag is 4580 pds with me in it and goes 12.90's and with a little spray i run 12.0's on street tires....so i would think and i hope 350 hp or so in the GT i should get this to hual no?

·
Registered
66 Posts

my 302 with a c4 and 3200 rpm stall ran a 13.9 in acton montana. I had minor port and polishing done on the exhaust ports of stock heads. Crane 1.6 pedistal mount roller rockers, and the heads milled .020". with and e303 cam and edlebrock rpm intake and holly 650 carb. Nothing to fancy. bbk equal length shorty headers and bbk catless x-pipe with flowmasters. For as little as i had into the car at higher elivation it ran decent. engine has 110,000 miles on it and never rebuilt. I raced it for 3 years on 3.73 gears seeing 13.9 to 14.1 consistantly depending on the weather. So some cheap combinations work quite well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.