Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2003 automatic V6 Mustang that I want to put a my 3000 dollars I have saved up for it. My ultimate goal is to beat my friends 1999 Mustang Gt 5 speed with a cat back exhaust, and my friends 1996 Z28 camero stock automatic, and most importanly to show everyone what a V6 can do cause I would have the only one around! So could I do it with my budget and what would it take?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
If I were you I'd go with a 75hp shot of Nitrous, J-Mod for the tranny, CAI, 4:10's and a traction lock for the rear end and a SCT flash tuner. ALso, get a custom bent real dual exhaust done, with long tube headers if possible. Then get it professionally tuned. You'll handily beat them both.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
^ maybe he wants to keep his v6. You can make the v6 fast for sure. Try supersixmotorsports.com and look at their power packs. Also, anything b1lk1 mentioned will also make it one heck of a quick car.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
gears tires bottle

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
if youre goin for the respect aspect of it im not sure nos is the best idea...

·
Registered
119 Posts
how much hp and toque was the gt 99s pulling? arent there 2 v8s around the 99-03 years? one with like 260hp 300tq and the other being 300hp n 300tq. i would say gears w/t-loc, duals w/longtube, udp, TB, tune,port and polish upper and lower, cai, alum fly wheel, and take out all the junk in ur trunk out. Also you could delete your back seats to help you out :). That should be under 3k and i would put my money on you if you would race >.>. hope its enough lol

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
how much hp and toque was the gt 99s pulling? arent there 2 v8s around the 99-03 years? one with like 260hp 300tq and the other being 300hp n 300tq. i would say gears w/t-loc, duals w/longtube, udp, TB, tune,port and polish upper and lower, cai, alum fly wheel, and take out all the junk in ur trunk out. Also you could delete your back seats to help you out :). That should be under 3k and i would put my money on you if you would race >.>. hope its enough lol
the 99-04 GT has a 2v 4.6L with a 260hp/302tq

imho, save up for a s/c.

but, the combo b1lk1 suggested would probably scare the sh** out of any stock/near stock PI GT.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
N-i-t-r-o-u-s o-x-i-d-e.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it sounds like nitrous would do the trick . The only thing I do not like about the nitrous is my car is a daily driver what kind of damage would that do to my car over time? and They would kinda give me alot of crap for it could i get a used super charger and new fuel pump and injectors for 3k?

·
Registered
119 Posts
you dont have to go with the nos but its a hell of a boost :p i heard the 6 can take a 75 shot all day with a good tune n suspension upgrade. Also to be more safe i believe you could change your rear end from a 7.5 to an 8.8 rears. just gotta make sure your bottom end takes the beating.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
So it sounds like nitrous would do the trick . The only thing I do not like about the nitrous is my car is a daily driver what kind of damage would that do to my car over time? and They would kinda give me alot of crap for it could i get a used super charger and new fuel pump and injectors for 3k?
unless you find a used procharger/vortech etc, they're out of that $3k price range.

the cheapest way to s/c the 6 would be to install an M112, and could be done for ~$3k.
it has plenty of drawbacks, however, such as high intake temps due to the lack of an intercooler, and you would need a cowl hood with a rise of 3-1/2". and you'd need to add an extra idler pulley, and either add udp's or get a larger s/c pulley to bring the boost down to a "safe" level.
methanol isnt super effective in reducing intake temps.
and a roots blower is the hardest s/c on stock internals.
(from what i've heard...)

the adapter to be able to mount the M112 can be bought from ssm for $900
a used M112 off ebay usually goes for around $500
then, you'd need to source a cobra plenum, TB, MAF, CAI, and larger fuel injectors. not sure if a larger fuel pump would be needed but i assume it would be.

i still prefer b1lk1's idea...
i laugh at people who say using nitrous is "cheating". :shigrin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well so If i watch my hosepower shots and use only whan needed it will hold up good? and what is a good brand to by

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.