Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure what ones better..but the saleen has a intake system what should keep things cooler....but u could buy a intercooler kit for the procharger also....anyone else have anything to say?...saleen looks like a big seller

[OUT OF STOCK] :eyebulge:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have 3 supercharged vehicles with Cetrifugal BUT I am going with the Saleen because it looks so darn natural under the hood. A real work of art it is....AND an efficient one too.

What is out of stock about?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I mulled this over for a long ass time, and I went with Saleen. Low-end grunt and highly efficient on lower amounts of boost.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have ran both and like the twin screw style better. There is no lag and make almost as much horsepower at high RPMs and the centrifical (excuse the spelling). They are way more fun to drive IMO.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The guys above are right on!

The only reason I went C/F is that it's an everyday driver and I try to stay outa the boost at the low end... I also think it will be a bit easier on the internals and the drivetrain...?!? It is also easier to get high boost outa the C/F units, only a pulley will get you 17 PSI while the T/S models prolly need at least that and a porting...

·
Registered
151 Posts
T/S is king of street!!

I have Saleen twin screw and it's just a blast to drive on the street!! Car is daily driver, gets 15MPG in town and 22 on hwy, has 430RWHP and 400RWTQ now with 7psi boost. Runs 12.30's with ET streets on a 100 degree day and IAT never gets above 140 degrees, even with 1/4 mile passes!! So the twin is the best for what I like to do. The low end torque is just crazy. Even with 3.55's. People talk about 410's and 3.73's but even with 3.55's, first gear is almost useless!! You've got about a half second in first gear or your at 6700RPM!!! If you wan't instant, Redlight to Redlight Beast torque, then T/S it. If you want high end, then CENT it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You ran a 12.3 at ABQ Drag Way?? I wouldn't mind taking a look at your Saleen Charger one day if you wouldn't mind. Probably the route I will be going when I finally get my car in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I can't find. Does a Saleen blower void the factory warranty?? I see Saleen Mustangs with the same exact blower at a local Ford Dealership and they still have a factory warranty. Same super chargers that Saleen sells to us right?

·
Registered
110 Posts
for stoplight racing (isn't that what gives the biggest rush) get the twin screw!!!! KJ has a great point about staying outta boost to save the engine, I never get any boost on daily driving. This is my first supercharger and all I saw was big power #'s but that's a high RPM's. If I could redo it I would get the Twinscrew. but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fleg said:
You ran a 12.3 at ABQ Drag Way?? I wouldn't mind taking a look at your Saleen Charger one day if you wouldn't mind. Probably the route I will be going when I finally get my car in.
No, at Ennis TX at FFW. Car ran 12.74 @ 113 on stock tires, stock suspension, stock gears, and 115 degree track temp with off idle launch and granny shifts at 6K RPM:happyhapp . With the MPH readings and ET Streets, car is good for 12.30's I'll be running it again in Houston in a couple weeks. Very similar car (JDM) runs 11.60's with the only difference being Bogart wheels, drag radials, and long tubes. They are close to 460RWhP, and I'm around 420-430 area.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Still damn impressive. The altitude here takes a lot out of cars on the 1/4.

chuckles said:
No, at Ennis TX at FFW. Car ran 12.74 @ 113 on stock tires, stock suspension, stock gears, and 115 degree track temp with off idle launch and granny shifts at 6K RPM:happyhapp . With the MPH readings and ET Streets, car is good for 12.30's I'll be running it again in Houston in a couple weeks. Very similar car (JDM) runs 11.60's with the only difference being Bogart wheels, drag radials, and long tubes. They are close to 460RWhP, and I'm around 420-430 area.

·
Registered
261 Posts
sounds like putting 3.13s would be good then maybe youd hav 1 second to shift from first.dont mind me im stupid!!! lol :sterb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
My goal is 11.90's or less on Drag Radials. I'm a set of Tires, and maybe Long Tubes away from that now!!! :drool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
vynle said:
sounds like putting 3.13s would be good then maybe youd hav 1 second to shift from first.dont mind me im stupid!!! lol :sterb:
Yeah, I'd I have a 190mph top end too!!!!! :happyhapp

Silver Bullit anyone?????

·
Registered
161 Posts
off the hell topic and all im sorry, but i GOTTA ask.does the saleen TS have that killer/intimidating whine that we love soooo much???and what do the snail(centrifugal) chargers sound like when you WOT it?does that whine to or sound cool?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Fleg said:
Yeah, same blower, and if Saleen puts it on the car they warranty the blower (and other equipment they may put on) while the Ford warranty still covers the car. I don't believe this is the case if a dealer puts it on, but maybe...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Guess it's a question best left for my dealer.

Madhouse said:
Yeah, same blower, and if Saleen puts it on the car they warranty the blower (and other equipment they may put on) while the Ford warranty still covers the car. I don't believe this is the case if a dealer puts it on, but maybe...

·
Registered
332 Posts
My local dlr is a Saleen dlr. They said they would warranty the car if they install it. They said $7100 - 7300 installed. :happyhapp

Went to another dlr and the tech there said the Ford rep walks aroung all the time looking for that kind of thing and will take down your vin and record it, and void your warranty. When I said he can't do that, he just shrugged like WTFE, my hands are tied. He also said that until a rep gets involved, they will follow the Act, once the rep see's it........ the fight begins

A friend had his rear go out. Was a common problem w/the trucks. They refused warranty because he lowered it and had an exhuast cut out. Although they were fully aware of the problem happening to completely stock trucks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well thankfully the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act makes that sorta illegal.
They can't void the warranty for the Radio if a supercharger is installed and your buddy probably had a pretty good shot at having his rear end replaced if he pushed back a little.

$7300 for a supercharger installed?? No thanks!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
isnt supercharger all about adding more horsepower

so procharger will add more horsepower and they are all about same price but if i were you i would go for paxton 470 rwhp same price
u will spend same amount of money so u should get the one will give u the more power

1 - 20 of 44 Posts