Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like anything to improve my cars take off and overall speed and perfomance. im new to this site btw first post lol but im really hoping to get my v6 mustang fast as or if not more than a gt. my car wants more HP i can feel it lol :wavey

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Have you checked out our V6 sections yet? There's a lot of great info in those sections. What year Mustang do you have?

Thanks for joining!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup:

S

·
0 Posts
That's what we're here for! Educate yourself on gears as well. For the investment you can really add some "get up and go" to your stang without adding horsepower. The right rear gears can make you feel like you're driving a brand new car. Essentially they'll get you into your powerband faster and you can really improve your acceleration.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i never thought about adding that but okay:) it makes sense. where is a good site to order these parts including a supercharger, i already have the sct tuner

S

·
0 Posts
You can click the marketplace tab at the top of the screen and you'll see what all of our vendors/ sponsors here offer. First though - get a plan for what you ultimately want to end up with. If you're already thinking supercharger then you'll go down a different path than you will if you're just wanting a few bolt ons like a CAI and tune. It will also determine what ratio to go with if you think about gears.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice thanks :) and i just want whats best for a 2007 automatic v6 mustang engine ... i want great take off and great speed.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
nitrous. i have a kit for sale. PM me if youre interested?

·
Registered
85 Posts
you are looking at
- dual exhaust
- aftermarket throttle body
- aftermarket cold air intake
- tuner with custom tunes
- gears, rear axle mod, tlok
- long tube/short tube headers

ultimately u are looking at forced induction (F/I) or you will get no where near a gt i.e supercharger, turbo or nitrous

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome to afm. i learned alot about my car since joining, im sure you will too.:bigthumbsup

sct tuner with bama tunes is a must
CAI
if you go f/i get an 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and T loc
nitrous will obviously help you out alot.(am sells a setup)
dual exhaust
good slotted and dotted brakes and pads (so you could stop)
suspension so you could put all that power to the ground.

once your done with performance there is countless options for the body.

·
Registered
784 Posts
if i had a v6 again i would get

4.10 or 3.73 gears or just the 8.8 rear end
aluminum drive shaft
after market shifter (if manual)
long tube headers (again)
dual exhaust (again)
Supercharger

this way you don't waste money on CAI or anything you don't need when supercharging down the road.

good luck and welcome to the forum by the way

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would suggest CAI/Tuner combo first, unless you plan to go with F/I, in which case you need to go down a different path. I got a JLT CAI, and Tuner from American Muscle and I can tell a big difference. Granted that by itself definitely does not put it in the same league as a GT, but you can definitely tell a difference in power, and throttle response. It also makes your exhaust sound better. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Performace Chip?

Along his lines I am simply looking for chip to add some mild performance to my 2007 V-6 pony package mustang. I am interested in anything that will give it better mileage and maybe some horsepower. Just want to keep it simple.

Thanks,

Greg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts