Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What years are the same as far as motor wise ? and interior? I always see parts for 85-93 but not near as much for the years before. Also any sites that give info for an 82 mustang gt would be awesome. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I would imagine you've seen '85-'93 while looking at engine stuff. There were two basic iterations of the 5.0 HO. '82-'84 manual tranny cars had a 302, with a 351 marine cam, as well as a bunch of other upgrades that run of the mill 302s didn't get. '82 of course, was a 2 barrel, while '83 and '84 had the four barrel. Only '82s and early '83s had fourspeeds. They use the tremec style bellhousing to tranny bolt pattern. Four speed cars need some clearancing to the tranny tunnel.
In '85 the HO changed significantly with the addition of a roller cam. That basic shortblock remained fairly unchanged till '93. '85s still had the fourbarrel (I've compared '84 and '85 intakes -off the car- and they're a little different), The front accessory drive is different on '85 and laters too. '86s got the EFI.
I know the interior on the foureyes doesn't look like it changed, but it did, albeit slightly. My '82 dash was different from my '84. '85s and '86s had the din style radio cutout in the dash, while '79 to '84s were shaftmount.
www.foureyedpride.com
www.mustanggt.org
are good sites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.