Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at these two engines and they both look very similiar. Wandering what you guys think. Im looking to run a supercharger on the one i choose and pick the motor with the best reliablity and the one i can get the most power out of.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought they stopped production of the 5.0 Cammer. Id go with the Coyote as at least you could find people who have done this swap. Ive never heard of one person on any of the forums Im on ever say they have or know of someone using a 5.0 Cammer engine. The Coyote is probably alot less money also.
A cheaper idea is to put a 4.6 stroked and forged to 298 or 302ci and then add a blower.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I could be wrong but I thought they stopped production of the 5.0 Cammer. Id go with the Coyote as at least you could find people who have done this swap. Ive never heard of one person on any of the forums Im on ever say they have or know of someone using a 5.0 Cammer engine. The Coyote is probably alot less money also.
A cheaper idea is to put a 4.6 stroked and forged to 298 or 302ci and then add a blower.
+1, yeah, a cammer engine is made for a special class of racing...you'd be better off with a termi or GT500 engine...forged, and blown, your costs would be minimized, also the mod motor is a straight bolt in for most recent V8 stangs

·
Registered
81 Posts
Coyote alluminator... Saw it on this site somewhere, forged rods/pistons, dropped to 9.5:1 compression, basically a built coyote ready to boost

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
+1 to the Coyote aluminator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry forgot to tell you its not goin in a car. Its actually going on an airboat. Everybody runs the pushrod motors and thats what i run now but im about to build a new boat and want to use a mod motor. i called and i can get the coyote for 14000 supercharged ready to roll gas pedal, harness and all. They say its 625hp an the torque was right at 6 i beleive. The motor has to have good torque for the aiboat application. I had never heard of the cammer till my buddy said something about thats why i was askin. The last question how much power can i squeeze out of the coyote by a pully swap different tune and also could i run a small shot in it. It will be a race boat if thats what your wandering

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also im looking to get a solid 700hp out of this motor. Is that reasonable and what is the best rout. sorry bout all these questions just not to familiar with these modular motors

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It depends on if the motor is forged. If it isn't, I would say 625 is about the limit. If it is forged, 800+ would be possible, depending on blower size.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
also im looking to get a solid 700hp out of this motor. Is that reasonable and what is the best rout. sorry bout all these questions just not to familiar with these modular motors
Save yourself all the electronics issues and get yourself a GT500 motor. You hardly have to breath on the thing to make 700hp.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Save yourself all the electronics issues and get yourself a GT500 motor. You hardly have to breath on the thing to make 700hp.
+1. Not only is it a bigger engine (more power with smaller blower/less boost), it's also forged from the factory. A stock GT500 engine can handle 800-900hp before longevity becomes an issue.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
can any of you send me a link on who sells these motors.
Here's the two things I personally would consider going with.

Gt500 engine - Ford Racing Performance Parts The stock supercharger can make about 650hp before capping out.

or...

Alluminator long block - Ford Racing Performance Parts You will have to buy a supercharger (go Whipple) for this engine, but it is a lot cheaper than the GT500 crate. They say the rated max power is 700, but people have pushed WAY more than that through them with no problem.

But the only issue I see with the alluminator is wiring. For a extra bit of money Ford will include the wiring harness for the GT500 crate engine. Maybe if you called they could include one that will make the alluminator work.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Here's the two things I personally would consider going with.

Gt500 engine - Ford Racing Performance Parts The stock supercharger can make about 650hp before capping out.

or...

Alluminator long block - Ford Racing Performance Parts You will have to buy a supercharger (go Whipple) for this engine, but it is a lot cheaper than the GT500 crate. They say the rated max power is 700, but people have pushed WAY more than that through them with no problem.

But the only issue I see with the alluminator is wiring. For a extra bit of money Ford will include the wiring harness for the GT500 crate engine. Maybe if you called they could include one that will make the alluminator work.
$21,000 for the GT-500 motor :surprised

1 - 15 of 15 Posts