·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
BadPuss said:
I'm going to test drive this today in hopes of working out a deal, what do you think a fair but buyer friendly offer should be?

It was on Ebay but didn't sell, I have a meeting set up for today to check it out. I'll only have a couple days to make the deal because the car we'll be heading south to be sold.

heres the ebay listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang_W0QQitemZ4568609992QQcategoryZ6236QQcmdZViewItemQQisPrinterFriendlyZ1

or

Ebay item # 4568609992
jb
Hey BadPuss,
I would figure out the cost of the parts and labor for the S/C, wheels and tires. Then add that total to what you would pay for the car new, minus a grand or 2. good luck!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sonny1213 said:
Hey BadPuss,
I would figure out the cost of the parts and labor for the S/C, wheels and tires. Then add that total to what you would pay for the car new, minus a grand or 2. good luck!!
I'd say he spent 26K-27k to buy it with a ford plan, 4k for the SC, 1k for the install + tune and at least 2.5k for the rims and tires.

So he spent around 33-34k on the car. I could buy the car in a different color, minus the shaker 1000 and premium wheels he ordered and install the wheels and SC myself and it would cost me about 32K.

I drove the car today and it was healthy, not snap your head off healthy but a gentelmans conversion basicly, good linear power with some tune still left in the box. I didn't make an offer before I left but I think 29k might do it.

I guess I'll sleep on it and read the posts in the moring then decide whether to make an offer. Low balling isn't going to work on this deal and I only have a day or so to move on it, but I have learned over the years to never buy something like this if you feel rushed into it and i won't.

jb

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
BadPuss said:
I'd say he spent 26K-27k to buy it with a ford plan, 4k for the SC, 1k for the install + tune and at least 2.5k for the rims and tires.

So he spent around 33-34k on the car. I could buy the car in a different color, minus the shaker 1000 and premium wheels he ordered and install the wheels and SC myself and it would cost me about 32K.

I drove the car today and it was healthy, not snap your head off healthy but a gentelmans conversion basicly, good linear power with some tune still left in the box. I didn't make an offer before I left but I think 29k might do it.

I guess I'll sleep on it and read the posts in the moring then decide whether to make an offer. Low balling isn't going to work on this deal and I only have a day or so to move on it, but I have learned over the years to never buy something like this if you feel rushed into it and i won't.

jb
How come he's bailing out on the car so quick?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sonny1213 said:
How come he's bailing out on the car so quick?
Exactly, Thats why I drove to see it and test drive it. Theres nothing wrong with this car that I can see or tell after 1/2 hr behind the wheel. It does have some of the TSB issues, noise at wheel to wheel lock, the shaker 1000 and fuel tank are the OEM units.

Thats actually the ironic thing about the car, its so new that he hasn't put more that a couple tanks of gas in it or dealt with any of the TSB's that the next owner will have to fool with. I had the hood open while the motor was running and he said thats the first time he's seen the SC spinning with the hood open, a local speed shop did the install for him.

He said he has owned over 100 cars and dosen't get attached to any one car, the reason the Mustang is going is because a new Jag was on its way in the next day or so and the Mustang will go on the transport to be sold down south.

He's a very nice guy with a nice wife a couple kids and is doing ok by the looks of his place, I see no reason for this guy to be pulling any punches.

29k, he can only say no and I have another used stock GT in the color I wanted just 50 miles from me, I have an appointment to test drive it tomorrow.

jb

·
Registered
72 Posts
not that it makes a diff since you saw it but he advertises the interior as charcoal and that it aint.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vicmeldrew said:
not that it makes a diff since you saw it but he advertises the interior as charcoal and that it aint.
It was charcoal, the pic in the add makes it look tan almost but I drove it for 20 mins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.