Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am going to try and be as detailed as I can in this post and I want brutally honest opinions. I bought this car in late March last year with 43k on it. I lost my job 2 weeks later. I have since been working from home. I am looking to sell the car but I would like to have a ballpark figure on its actual worth.

You can see the complete list of mods in the introductions forum along with pics of the car. Basically 33k worth of mods.

The car has a few small issues that I will explain in detail.

Issue #1 The headlight on the passenger side does not line up correctly with the body of the car. The previous owner had a complete widebody kit on the car with a different bumper. That may have something to do with it, but I know the car has been wrecked on that side. I have no proof but there was no GT500 decal on that quarter panel when I bought the car. Which leads me to believe that it has been replaced. I also believe that the headlight bucket itself may be out of alignment. The local body shop confirmed this later when I went to get my inspection sticker. he said it was not a hard fix whenever I was ready. I have attached a pic of the headlight.

Issue#2 This part of the door panel started coming loose when it got hot outside. The car is in the garage 100% of the time but it still gets pretty hot. It just needs to be re adhered to the door panel. This should be easy again I just don't want any surprises for a buyer.

Issue#3 The blower motor for the AC only has low speed. It blows ice cold and the heater works great but you only have low speed. I did some reading on this and it looks like the control unit might need replaced. Again not a big deal as I have driven the car 7+ hours to Oklahoma for work several times and never got hot.

Issue#4 About 2 weeks after I bought the car the tire sensor light came on. Went to the local tire shop to find out it had band sensor in them. One was broke and the other was rotating around the rim fixing to break. I ordered 2 valve stem sensors and had them replaced. They told me I would have to go to the dealer to have them reset. Which as fine with me. Later on my next trip to Oklahoma the back ones went out. So I ordered 2 more and them replaced as well

Sorry this post is so long but I wanted everyone to have all the information to give a good quote on the car. I am going to sell it by the end of the month. If you have any other questions feel free to post them and I will anwser the best I can.

I would like to give a shout out to the people that built the motor, tranny and rear end. The car is mechanically rock solid and a blast to drive.
20210713_093316.jpg 20210711_100141.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
What happened?
Your post went to the approval queue. You are new, and have a post count less than 40. So if you have a very long post, or make a lot of edits, or include several attachments, your post will go into the approval queue until approved.

I just approved your post, so it will appear momentarily.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your post went to the approval queue. You are new, and have a post count less than 40. So if you have a very long post, or make a lot of edits, or include several attachments, your post will go into the approval queue until approved.

I just approved your post, so it will appear momentarily.
Lol ok scared me, that was like writing a novel

I will delete this one

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
Lol ok scared me, that was like writing a novel

I will delete this one
It’s fine, don’t worry about it. I merged everything to a single thread. It’s educational for newbies 🤣

Reactions: 08Shelby

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Hi 08 Shelby! Sorry to hear about your situation, others are and have been in that position as well...... so you are not alone and doing the right thing for that matter! IMHO, in most cases mods return very little on a cars resale value except wheels/tires and similar mods....and that's if the buyer really wants that option. But given this and looking at the KBB, it' looks to be in the range of mid- $20K.... but, your area could very well bring much higher prices. IMHO, an option...I would look at fixing everything and then get it into to Jackson Barret auction....cars just seem to sell for much higher prices than most would ever consider and the GT500 is a "desired Car", being red, polished up, I think you would do well!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi 08 Shelby! Sorry to hear about your situation, others are and have been in that position as well...... so you are not alone and doing the right thing for that matter! IMHO, in most cases mods return very little on a cars resale value except wheels/tires and similar mods....and that's if the buyer really wants that option. But given this and looking at the KBB, it' looks to be in the range of mid- $20K.... but, your area could very well bring much higher prices. IMHO, an option...I would look at fixing everything and then get it into to Jackson Barret auction....cars just seem to sell for much higher prices than most would ever consider and the GT500 is a "desired Car", being red, polished up, I think you would do well!
Thanks for the reply, I had thought about it. I don't figure I will get anything for the mods and that's fine

It’s fine, don’t worry about it. I merged everything to a single thread. It’s educational for newbies 🤣
I need more education. I have a short 30 second video with sound of the heads and cams I would like to post?

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
I need more education. I have a short 30 second video with sound of the heads and cams I would like to post?
Just go the FAQ section and you’ll learn a lot.

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
in today's market, who knows, it could be worth a lot more than you think . . . pre-pandemic it was probably low thirties or high twenties, now maybe high thirties or even low forties? the only way you'll find out, is to try listing it, and see if anyone bites

I'd take a look at local listings for similar cars in the on-line sources such as Craig's List, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.; and then maybe list it on the high end of what you are seeing. The worst things that can happen is nobody responds, or someone shoots you a lower offer.

·
Super Moderator
3,840 Posts
I recommend YouTube not Facebook.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT 500
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that didn't work

in today's market, who knows, it could be worth a lot more than you think . . . pre-pandemic it was probably low thirties or high twenties, now maybe high thirties or even low forties? the only way you'll find out, is to try listing it, and see if anyone bites

I'd take a look at local listings for similar cars in the on-line sources such as Craig's List, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.; and then maybe list it on the high end of what you are seeing. The worst things that can happen is nobody responds, or someone shoots you a lower offer.
Very true I will look into that today. Thanks for response

1 - 12 of 12 Posts