Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading up on the injector thing. Come to find out I need a matching MAF and possibly EEC. I got my injectors from a 96' Grand Prix 3.1l. They are 17lbs. My question in what MAF and EEC (if needed) do I need to match? I have a 93 5.0 fuel pump. Can I use a MAF and EEC from a 93 5.0 or what? Maf from the Grand Prix maybe? If so what about the EEC? Am I good with the stock 2.3l EEC? I'd like to keep the 17lbs and make this work for later NOS and upgrades. Please help.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 5.0 EEC is set up for an 8 cylinder car in many aspects, so no.

What can I use with the 17lb'rs then for a maf and eec (if needed).

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
To be totally honest, you need to put the car back to stock as much as possible and get it running right. Then go get your 5.0 you have been talking about getting.
The 2.3 is only a a good set-up if you turbo it or set it up for a circle track engine. There just isn't a market for hot rodding these things with parts thrown at it in any other venue. In short, unless you throw SERIOUS money at a 2.3 other than the above, it's a waste of time, money and effort.
Yes, I have seen the threads where people talk about how they have done it many times. But those people have put more hours into tuning an EEC (good luck finding an EEC tuner anymore) than it did to develope the Space Shuttle. They also did it as a hobby/project and not on a car that is their primary mode of transportation.

My $.02

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to get it to run right. Doing overtime right now and it's hard to get to it until fri, sat and sun. First thing is bring battery and starter to auto zone for a check. Then I have been reading, it might be my eec not letting it run. Then again I have to check the fuel pressure, it might be the fuel pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to agree with Kurt there's no cheep short cuts to making power with a 2.3 even turbo charged it needs to be moded to make good power.
but you could make it alittle more fun to drive with some airflow stuff and suspension.
and save your money for a car you can build on.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True.:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.