Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1999 cobra with very low mileage. I added a Vortech Supercharger, a complete exhaust system, rear-end gears, and a short-throw shifter. What type of modifications would you recommend I do next. I have a lot of ideas but would like to know what order would be the best for modifications.

·
Super Moderator
40,054 Posts
I suggest get a tuner,frame connecters.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If it's a drag race car then you could swap for solid axle because the IRS sucks for drag(Wheel hop:so) Some bigger tires in the rear wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Forge, cams, bigger tires

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Decide what you want to do with the car before you start blindly throwing parts at it. We could all give you advice and different parts to put on the car but if you are wanting to build your car for road racing and everyone is giving you advice for drag racing then it won't matter at all. That was just an example but I am sure you understand what I meant. Their is no need to put certain parts on your car if you are only going to be doing certain things with the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only planned on using it for normal driving with not much use as far as drag racing goes. It won't see a track except on rare occasions, I should have specified.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Keep the IRS and work on suspension, SFC, shocks/struts, springs, LCA's and UCA's.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Really I wouldn't say do too much for the suspension. The 99+ Cobra's have a nice suspension that can handle but isn't too jarring at the same time. No need to improve on it too much more if it is not going to be used much.

Really all that is left for you to do is appearance things such as interior and exterior work. You could go for suspension work but if you are not going to be using it then I don't see the point spending money on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.