Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Only the FOB right now, but thinking about getting the Pony...

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
funny timing on this thread...was just complaining last night about two key fobs on one ring...5 cars, 2 keyless fobs...sit down and a horn blows...anyone know of a 'universal remote' type of thing for cars? Its not as bad as the tv/vcr/cable/dvd/stereo mess before the universal remotes, but I never had to cram all those in my pocket :)ps- Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

·
Registered
358 Posts
On Key

Mustang Key And Fob And New Cornfeild Run Pony The Santa
Got Me..

·
Registered
767 Posts
The fob, the car key, a house door key, and a handcuff key ( never know when you will need one ). Nothing else. I hate carrying keys and the trainload of crap that people put on the keyrings.

·
Registered
124 Posts
they need to come up with voice activated or thumb print then you wouldn't need any keys or remotes just dont use a code word that your car might hear from inside your house(bedroom):kooky:

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Keychain?????? I only have the Keyfob thats bigger than most keychains, i wish the key and the keyob were one piece so i can put a proper keychain,

·
Registered
633 Posts
gregbe1 said:
What is on your keychain?

The pony key chain is a nice touch, here's mine
Hey, what's the key stuck into in both places of that car? Never used either one. Hmmm, learn something new everyday!!! :happyhapp

·
Registered
767 Posts
scramblr said:
Hey, what's the key stuck into in both places of that car? Never used either one. Hmmm, learn something new everyday!!! :happyhapp
I hear ya. I think I might have used the key in the door once just to make sure the window feature worked. And as for the trunk lock.. I don't even have one. Removed it and mounted my rear view cam in it's place.

199 said:
Keychain?????? I only have the Keyfob thats bigger than most keychains, i wish the key and the keyob were one piece so i can put a proper keychain
Sounds similiar to my wife's Infinity FX. It is keyless...well, not completely "keyless", you just don't need the key to unlock it or start it. It does still have a key. And the key fits inside the fob.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok...

...here goes.
1. Mustang Key
2. FOB
3. Grand Am Key
4. House keys (4)
5. Work keys (2 One large Medico key & one padlock key)
6. Radioshack Leatherman Multi-tool
7. Sprint Bottle Opener
8. Miniature Insurance Card
9. Miniature Library Card
10. Large Medico key for Boss' Office (Long story)
11. Mini Maglite
12. And finally its all held together by a Handspring Treo branded clip that goes on my belt loop. You know, one of those mountain climging thingys? Crichton? Trilon? Pylon? Can't remember what they're called, but you use 'em in mountain climbing. The first one I had was an original given out by Handspring reps to vendors. Funny thing is I eventually demolished that one and I got another. The new has stamped on it "not for climbing". I feel bad for the guy who caused them to need to put that on there.:rolleyes:

On a final note, I should point out that I got some small clip on chains for the various "components" (work, home, office) so that these are detachable. My bag has a spot on it to clip a key ring so while I'm at work I only have the Leatherman, Maglite and two keys. Office is just one key. Home is just car and house keys (and FOB). This helped cut down on the constantly listing to one side because of my massive key ring. Ingenious, huh?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Movie trivia question as well.

I have eleven cars and a few rental houses so all I have on the Mustang Key chain is the Fob, work key, house key, and Mustang key. My center console is a full of a few other important keys/fobs. If the Fob were not so big I would have the pony fob I think. Wasn't that key fob in the Steve McQueen movie Bullit?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I limited what I put on the keychain. It was too much with work/home/grandmas/garage/dads/dads boat dock. SO I keep these seperate.

So I have a small version of the mountclimbing latch thingy a bop, (see above description)
So I can take the fob off while cars warming up and lock it. Car key, and house key, and an older GT style Keychain.
http://store1.yimg.com/I/mustangtuning_1877_6942801

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine looks just like yours!! Good thing we are not near eachother. I originally bought the Keychain off ebay and then found it on the ford collection website cheaper and they were donating some of the money to the wild mustang org. I just have the key, FOB, and keychain on mine. My work, safe, door, and gate key are on a Roxy keychain by themselves. No sense in ruining my good one with the rest of them. It is a neat one. When the commercial came out with Steve, I had to have one just like it..or at least similar!!! Lovin the keychain!!!! ( I bought 3 just in case....):winks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts