Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the hunt for a supercharger as well as many of you. there are alot of new ones coming out ( Kenne Bell, Whipple being the newest so far). all will be priced arround the same as soon as saleen raises their price next yr. K.B. $5500, W. $5400-$6400 ( I/C) . both of these promise 450rwhp w/an 8lb. pulley.K.B comes w/ #39injectors and a 90mmCAI , WHIPPLE w/ an electric w/pump as well as a 95mm CAI.(the saleen will need many mods to it in order to come close to 450rwhp.) these #'s are on a stock setup with thier tune and they all hav intercoolers. we all agree that 450hp is the max. we should go on a stock shortblock. if you all had to pick ,out of these three, which would you go with and why! (reputation, looks,future modability etc.)thx vynle.:)

G

·
i've already read 3 posts from guys that blew out their blocks with their superchargers and until we all know exactly why....3 is way to high a number to risk a warranteed 300hp engine..so..i think i would wait a bit for mine

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nght, ive been reading posts for about 8 mos. and i hav yet to read one about a blown block from a supercharger.give me posts so i can view plz. i really dont think its that previlent. maybe if your abusing it over 6000rpm's continusly or racing at the strip. vynle

·
Registered
829 Posts
yeah. Not a good thing to do with "stock" inards...

Yeah, I can not believe how many are running high boost levels for the compression ratio of the stock motor. Don't seem right to me. All my SC'd stuff has 8.5 to 1 C.R. with Forged pistons and steel crank and beefed rods etc. Throwing anything over 6 psi at these stock motors is a surprise to see... I EXPECT them to pop.

nghtrnnr said:
i've already read 3 posts from guys that blew out their blocks with their superchargers and until we all know exactly why....3 is way to high a number to risk a warranteed 300hp engine..so..i think i would wait a bit for mine

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Not too many bragg about granading theis block... I've seen two or three stories on-line... one was linked to from here...

I know about three blown ones up here (two had rods that gave and one hadthe crank fly lose!), and a bunch at the engine builders... Think Al at Boss have 7 of them in his shop!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts