Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some good solid power/sound for my 2001 Mustang V6 and not have to pay out the ass at the same time. But I want some opinions on what to get before I make any decisions. Help me out if you can guys. :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I want some good solid power/sound for my 2001 Mustang V6 and not have to pay out the ass at the same time. But I want some opinions on what to get before I make any decisions. Help me out if you can guys. :D
How much do you want to spend, what is your goal, and what have you done so far.

You mention cam in the thread title but not anywhere in the thread itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mentioned in the tread itself that I wanted to know opinions on the best cams for my stang, you know what others have been satisfied with. I haven't done anything yet I'm looking into it before I spend any money. I simply want to know what are some good quality cams and that aren't outrageously overpriced. I want power and sound, simple as that. I just need help with what kind.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You have to do more than just a cam swap to get power out of the 3.8L. A p/p job on the heads, lower intake and a windstar upper intake mixed with the cam and bolt-ons would give you a very good power output. That would cost quite a bit of money though.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I want power and sound, simple as that.
To say you want power and sound is too vague. Power to the Civic guys would be 200 rwhp, but power to the Viper guys would be 600 rwhp. Power is a measurment, either using HP and TQ or 1/4 mi. ET's. If you can give us a ballpark number of what you think power is we can tell you how to get there and more importantly how much it will cost. From that you can decide on what you want to do.

These are the guys I got my cam from www.supersixmotorsports.com
Its a comp cam.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^^ lol I bet the Civic/Accord guys would love to have 200Rwhp but they will probably have to settle for 200Fwhp... lmao

Don't be fooled though, 200fwhp in a Civic is decently quick.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
^^ lol I bet the Civic/Accord guys would love to have 200Rwhp but they will probably have to settle for 200Fwhp... lmao

Don't be fooled though, 200fwhp in a Civic is decently quick.
Im giving them the benifit of the doubt that they might be turboed :hihi:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.