Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i have a 2000 v6 i mean body wise its a v8 looking car the car looks nutting like a v6 .ill put a pic up later on .but my question is ,what should i do motor wise ? any ideas ?:wavey

·
Registered
273 Posts
if you dont already have an exhaust i would do that forsure if you like the sound. but performace wise if yours is an automatic i would def get a handheld tuner. they really make a difference. after that i would just do basic bolt ons like cold air intake, headers,exhaust ect.. but i would do the tuner first forsure. if you want cams or heads i would check out supersixmotorsports.com they specialize in v6's if your planning on making your car really fast i would just get a gt instead of dumping a lot into the v6, no offence

·
Registered
273 Posts
or get some 3.73 or 4.10 gears and a posi for your rear end. it will make your car a lot quicker:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good ,well i got headers , msd wires , cold air intake , dual exhaust,took off egr.the rear end sounds kool thanks alot guys ? but wat if i wanted to do a motor swap ? i have 3000 rite now.

·
Banned
269 Posts
If you got $3,000 right now, I would sell your V6 for whatever its worth... probably close to $5,000 and buy a GT! V6's just don't make the power like the V8's do. You can do all the work you want to a V6 Mustang and its just going to cost you twice as much to just buy a GT. With 8k you can easily buy a 2000 GT or come close to getting a Mach 1 with a DOHC motor which in my opinion is superior to the stock GT V8. Also, look into a 1996-1998 Cobra, there cheap plus they make upwards of 300 hp with the DOHC engine. :gringreen

I personally don't like any 4 or 6 cyl. engines in my Mustangs. Yeah they might be awesome in a Subaru or a Nissan but thats because they were made from the factory to perform, not like the putter V6 in the Mustangs. :frustrated:

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
+1 above post...not many performance parts for V6

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea man thanks alot. i didnt know much about mustangs when i bought my mustang .now i hate that i had bought a v6 :so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.