Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to protect your car, when you don't have a nice garage to put it away at night?
Such as kill switch or good alarm system what should i do to keep from getting my tank siphoned.
Thx

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Whats the best way to protect your car, when you don't have a nice garage to put it away at night?
Such as kill switch or good alarm system what should i do to keep from getting my tank siphoned.
Thx
5 switch kill sequence

locking gas cap

viper security is a good company to get a system from

·
Registered
129 Posts
Vipers are awesome. I just had a full alarm system installed on my car recently, and I feel so much secure with it. Especially if the alarm goes off, it lets my autostart/alarm with my keys know my alarm went off and it reports what went wrong.

Excellent investment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am about to go to paint and know how you feel on this one. I have a Viper system on my other vehicle and love it, but there are many times when people just overlook the alarm. The nice thing about their higher end systems is that they have a key fob that notifies you when the alarm is sounding as long as you are within range which is pretty far. (ie, Viper - Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System )

The other thing about this system is that you would need a battery backup for the siren and mount it in place that is not easy to get to. All of this is really an "honest man's" security. If someone wants the car they are going to get it. Maybe, a pit bull chained to the steering wheel would work! It would definitely make me think twice.LOL

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thx
As has been said, if a thief really wants your car, he'll get it. If you have little money, you can use a zero buck theft delay tactic - pull the distributer rotor off and put the cap back on. You can also switch the leads on the starter solenoid. If a thief is very familiar with old Mustangs, he can get around these theft delay deterants but the moretime it takes to get your car, the higher the risk of getting caught.

As for cheap anti theft devices:

- a locking shifter handle
- a Club steering wheel lock
- locking gas cap. If it were me, I'd try to modify an after market pop open gas cap to hide a locking gas cap.
- a kill switch - I've seen people have these battery switches mounted right on the battery too.
- another good deterant would be a locking hood latch release.

Is your car parked off street, in a driveway? Are you able to block it with another car? Install motion activated lights to light up the yard if someone steps near the car.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I have fuel cell my gas cap is in the trunk the one between the tail lights is just there for looks.Anti theft the best insurance you can afford nothing will stop a tow truck or car jacking.I repo cars for a living many times i have towed off a car at 3am with the alarm screaming no one ever looks out even the owners.I can pick up a car and drive off in 30 sec don't even have to get out of the truck.I'm honest but don't mean others with a snatch truck are.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That's why I like the alarm I had with the paging feature, found a pair of legs sticking out my drivers window one night...that didn't end pretty.
Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts