Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have exper with supercharger kits for 5.0? I've been looking in the mags, there are a bunch of companies that make these. Of course, everyone says theirs is the best. I'm looking for a complete kit that will work with both factory and aftermarket heads and intakes.

90 GT Convert

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the Kenne-bells. More efficient at same boost level, fits an intercooler underneath it, works with GT40 lower intake manifold or stock mani, works with heads.

·
Registered
861 Posts
bump

I have the same problem right now. I know I want to drop a SuperCharger into my vehicle, but I don't know which one.

Everyone has their own opinion. Some say Novi 2000, others say Kenne Bell, others argue ProCharger, and some Vortech.

I really haven't the slightest idea which one to get. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
365 Posts
well personally i like the way a vortech looks under the hood. lol. but i know that prabably wont help your decision much...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Truly, though, is there a huge difference between the different SuperChargers on the market? Opinions aside, don't they all, theoretically, do the same thing?

·
Registered
721 Posts
They all do the same thing . . .but there are other considerations. For example, in Arizona, where I live, Kenne Bells are hard to run because of the heat issue. Similarly, depending on what car you have . . . and whether you want to do an aftermarket hood . . . your choices may be further limited.

I went Vortech because I can add an air to water cooler later. I also like the centrifiguls in general, because you can use water/methanol to cool them . . . which I currently do.

The bottom line is that they all provide forced induction. Considerations like climate, fit, price, and adaptability are the considerations that make one better than another for any particular application.

·
Registered
193 Posts
if i had money to get one, i would get a procharger. its self contained, comes with an intercooler, and gives you that bada$s whine. It also comes with a warrenty!

·
Registered
155 Posts
i to like the vortech, looks good under the hood and well from what i've experienced so far (only about two weeks now) she does perform pretty good...
p.s. i know it's very dirty but will get cleaned up sometime soon:wavey

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I prefer the Kenne Bell as it produces the most low end torque. For the vast majority of my driving, RPMs stay below 5K, and that's where KBs reign supreme!

The best centrifugal out there IMO is ATI. They're well built, self contained, intercooled and put down bigger numbers. They will cost more than Vortec though.

Thinking about turbos at all?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You might be able to bring it back but none of the original posters will answer that is why it is sometimes better to start your own and new thread to express your ideas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
so what supercharger did the guy go with, six years ago?lol :shigrin

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Im sure he will gladly answer this............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts