Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the best way to paint a glossy black Super Snake stripe on my '07 V6?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ashjav 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 V6 in vista blue, and I wanted to do something kind of unusual so I decided I'd like a black glossy Super Snake stripe that covers the car from front to back. Is there any place I should look to find detailed instructions on how to go about doing this, or does anyone have any tips? I think painting them on would be best but if anyone knows of a good site/place with vinyl ones that would be helpful too. Thanks :)

#2 ·
any sign shop that does vinyl can cut and install them for you..if you go that way have them install them..vinyl can be a pain in the ass

#3 ·
I have shelby stripes... a little different, but mine were $450, painted. To be honest vinyl looks cheap and fake to me. Plus they say it absorbs wax, good thing though is that it's easier to take off if you decide to get something new. Take a look at some of my car pics to get an idea of what you would want.

#4 ·
That's a interesting idea. Good luck.

#5 ·
I bought some vinyl ones and they were a pain in the ass to install. I ended up messing up the rear stripes so now i have to redo it. I got mine from Baltimore Street Mods. I had my local shop estimate mine at $400. I was like hell no. All i have to do is buy my replacement parts and redo them. Mine are also gloss black

#6 ·
All right thanks everyone, I think I am going to stick to getting them painted. Vinyl does seem like a pain. I just need to find somewhere to do them cheap or do it myself, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.