Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new airbrushed pony for the grill in the next week or so. I've removed the pony in the grill on my first 05+ stang, and all the pins broke inside. I was replacing the grill all together when I did that though, I'm actually putting another pony in this time. I'm planning on putting some industrial glue on the back to help it stick better, but is there a way where I can remove it without snapping off the pins? Is there a technique?:scratchchin

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
not much too those pins. you might get lucky prying up a little and getting some needlenose pliars on the ring and turning it up and off ( taking a chance of breaking them) or one idea is to take a small cutoff wheel and cut a side on the metal ring next to the pin being carefull to not cut through the pin or the plastic. course you`ll have to get new clips to re-use it but less chance of braking the pin :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
personally i would just remove the grill to access it. I just slipped a flat headed screw driver between the grill and the front of the car and gently work the pins out. Ive done this 3 times in the last 2 days and comes out in seconds. hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
There's little chance you'll be able to remove the stock pony without breaking off the plastic pins. I tried breaking the retainers to save the pins, but they're on to tight and I found no way to save all the pins, so...... But, I doubt seriously I'll ever put stock pony back on so no real loss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.