Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm think about upgrading the exhaust system, but I can't decide between the X or the H Pipes.

Do Mustangs with side pipes have a cross over pipe connecting the two side or can they run'em seperately??

I'm think also of the side pipe option.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice timing with the thread..i just got done discussing the difference with some others....so with an h-pipe you get more of a deep hollow tone, and with the x-pipe, you get more of a racy tone....both sound really good...i have a x-pipe and two flowmaster 40 series on mine...and it sounds amazing....also someting to consider....instead of going with the whole side pipe scene...try dumping the pipes before your axle..i think you'll be pleased with this...well hope this helps ya man..

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
They're basically the same but the X has a larger merge area. The X has a more hollow pingy sound, and can get raspy if combined with a chambered muffler like a Flowmaster or MAC. An H has more of an old musclecar sound from the 60's. The side pipe option does have a crossover section, it's after the mufflers that turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.