Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the diff in cc for examp 58cc heads or 64cc heads?..wich one makes more power?..im lookin at the gt40X heads i should have no prob with the valves hitting the stock cam rite?(just double checking lol)thx..and sry for the nublet question:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea prob...im not the best engine guy ...yet lol:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
388 Posts
CC in this case references the size of the combustion chamber in cubic centimeters. I think it can be a tricky thing. Obviously a larger combustion chamber can accomodate more air and fuel, however it is in a larger space so it doesn't always get compressed as much as a smaller cc head. How much compression you get also depends on your cam durration (when and how long the valves open and close) As far as piston to valve clearance, that usually only becomes an issue when guys use very high compression pistons and use a very big cam and a 1.7 rocker arm. As far as the heads you are talking, I guess you need to talk to someone who has a combo similar to yours (cam, pistons etc)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The cc size is cubic centimeters in reference to the combustion chamber in the head, and coupled along with the piston top (dished, flat top, domed) and the head gasket thickness will determine compression ratio. The bigger the cc of the head chamber, the lower the compression.

As for the stock cam and GT40X heads, you shouldn't have a problem with clearance.

And there's no dumb questions here, if there's something you want/need to know, you have to ask. Won't know until you do ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.