Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the difference between the California Special and the GT? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I'm just the dummy to ask it. I have never even seen a California Special.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
okay, i dont know all the differences, but the GT-CS has a different front and rear bumper. it also has a side scoop and a matching hood scoop. it has a fading black stripe on the side that starts at the headlights,ends at the side scoop and has the "gt-cs" lettering in it. it comes with bullit style wheels, and a special california special GT "faux gas cap". i think the interior is the same except for possible badging.im failry certain that the powertrain is also the same...

im sure i didnt list all the differences, but i hope this helps. if you want to see more pics of the bodykit, just look at the avatars, and peoples profiles..its a very popular body upgrade to the mustang...probably the best looking one with exception of gt500 conversion JMHO

here are some pics of it give you a better idea

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
fordboy is correct, except it also has a two-toned seats. the hood scoop is optional.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i had mentioned a 2 tone, tuck and roll style insert on seats..but wasnt sure if it was stock equipment, so i edited and deleted...i was right afterall..whoohooo

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The rear bumper cover is the same as the GT500 except it is painted different.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i was very upset that you couldn't get a GT/CS vert in 2007. But if i had to get a GT Coupe, it would most defiantly be a CS. i just couldn't afford getting the $5,000 convertible in addition to the $1,825 CS on top of the $27,000 mustang GT. so i chose to get the vert and am very happy but still wouldn't mind a little CS appeal added on

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The rear bumper cover is the same as the GT500 except it is painted different.
I hadn't realized that. Interesting.
Personally, I like the GT/CS. If they had it in '05 when I ordered mine I would have gotten it.
Doesn't it have some underhood goodies as well?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I hadn't realized that. Interesting.
Personally, I like the GT/CS. If they had it in '05 when I ordered mine I would have gotten it.
Doesn't it have some underhood goodies as well?
I don't know, you would have to go to the new car page and look.

G

·
As a proud owner of a CS, I have to say there is nothing special underneath than what was already mentioned. You guys forgot the 3.55 gears that it comes with. Also comes with HID headlights and bright Tips for the exhaust.

I believe in the 08's they now come with ambient lighting. Mine included the comfort group which added the heated seats, but not sure if its standard on all. The hood scoop is optional.

The wheels are 18" Bullits with Tri pony center caps. The exterior has the GT500 style back bumper cover and different front bumper cover. And don't forget the side scoops.

I am not sure that I hit it all, but it is an incredible package that doesn't need to me improved on that much. That's why I bought mine a CS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the 2009 Order Guide:
GT CAL SPECIAL (54C)
Availability:
Only available on GT Premium (140A,180A)
Available colors: Vista Blue (G9), Performance White (HP), Dark Candy Apple Red (JV), Black (UA) or Vapor Silver (ZY)
Not available with:
Body side Moldings (961)
Driver Ornamentation Package (18R)
Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package (68B)
Racing stripes, "over the top" (47A)
Splash Guards (604)
Glass Roof (59G)
Includes:
Black w/Dove or Black w/Parchment interior accented environments
Black leather trimmed seats with unique Cal Special Dove or Parchment "GT Leather" inserts
Bright Rolled Exhaust Tips
Carpeted front floor mats with unique brushed chrome "MUSTANG" badge
Includes 18" Polished Aluminum Wheel (64W)
Side Scoops
Unique Front & Rear Fascia
Unique Tape Stripes (Black - 85X or White1 - 85W)

·
Registered
13 Posts
here is one of the interior, it also comes in black and tan

Attachments

G

·
Hey Texas, looks like we have the same problem on the Flowmaster install, look like the passenger side muffler is lower than the driver's side.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think the 08's had the manual shifter satin trim bezel as well. My friends 08 does and he said the only thing he added was an plenum cover.

·
Registered
404 Posts
never cared for the fake diffuser rear end and the "mono-rail" front. Atleast not on the S197.

·
Registered
13 Posts
fox, that is the result of a rear end job.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Here is my wife's GT/CS at NMRA last year.

It was really hard to find the one she wanted, as we couldn't order one because Ford was out of wheels by April 07 due to non-payment to the supplier. After searching all 48 states, we found one 1/2 way up state that was perfect.

My wife started out wanting a GT, but the cost of adding all the options she wanted EXCEEDED the A-Plan cost of the CS by about $1200, so she went with that. More was less:headscratch:

I love the Dove accent interior on her car. And the sound. Stock it just sounds mean for some reason?

Her's is stock except for Strut Brace, Steeda A-Arm Brace, hood struts and Sequential Lights. Trying to sell her on a blower, still working on it though :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
GT CS = Shelby GT

I believe the GT CS has has the same body as the Shelby GT, correct? The two are completely different after that though as I have driven my dads Shelby GT quite a few times, and it has an amazing suspension setup, handles much better than my regular GT. Not to mention the computer tune, FRPP air intake, and borla stingers out back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe the GT CS has has the same body as the Shelby GT, correct? The two are completely different after that though as I have driven my dads Shelby GT quite a few times, and it has an amazing suspension setup, handles much better than my regular GT. Not to mention the computer tune, FRPP air intake, and borla stingers out back.
The Shelby GT has the same front and rear fascia. The Shelby GT also has the Ford Racing Handling Pack (M-2005-FR3 Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-2005-FR3]) and the Power Upgrade Pack (M-FR1-MGT Ford Racing Performance Parts [M-FR1-MGT***]).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.