Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been looking at maybe going from my GT takeoffs to GTA mufflers. Searching around the internet, I am finding that the GTA's are listed to fit on 2005-2009. The ones listed to fit the 2010's are GTC's, and I believe the model number is 5230-MGTC.

I know the GTA's will attach, but what's the difference? Does anyone have GTC's and do they sound good? They only difference I can find in the descriptions are the tips (4" on GTA, 3.5" on GTC). I am also wondering if the tips are longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone with a 2010 install the GTA's and have any pictures? Siber, are your GT500 takeoffs different from the GTA's? Also, has anyone installed the GTC axlebacks?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I do know the tips are a little shorter on the 2005-09 mufflers, these are 2008 GT500 Take Offs on mine, I believe they tips are 1 inch shorter
on and off topic but a side note here.

I just bought a oem muffler for the 5.4L it says it will fit on the 4.6L also.

I know the 4.6L muffler is a common swap to the V6, so the 5.4L shouldn't have any problems fitting either since it will fit the 4.6L correct?

@OP, I was at the dealership earlier today looking at the 2011's while having my inspection done. the rolled tips on the ones (2010's/2011's) I looked at all seemed to be added on to the stock muffler exhaust pipe (slid on and welded from what I could see) to give it that extra clearance out to the bumper and high polished look. So if you are worrying about the extra clearance space, you could always find a polished tip with rolled edges or without and then adjust it on the muffler until it fits where you like it and have a local shop weld it to the stock pipe.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,579 Posts
Anyone with a 2010 install the GTA's and have any pictures? Siber, are your GT500 takeoffs different from the GTA's? Also, has anyone installed the GTC axlebacks?
Truthfully I don't know what mufflers came stock on the 08 GT500, I do know the sound good on it, And trust me I was not complaining for $54 delivered to the house

on and off topic but a side note here.

I just bought a oem muffler for the 5.4L it says it will fit on the 4.6L also.

I know the 4.6L muffler is a common swap to the V6, so the 5.4L shouldn't have any problems fitting either since it will fit the 4.6L correct?
I know on the 2010, all the pipes after the stock H-Pipe are the same

·
Registered
786 Posts
Truthfully I don't know what mufflers came stock on the 08 GT500, I do know the sound good on it, And trust me I was not complaining for $54 delivered to the house

I know on the 2010, all the pipes after the stock H-Pipe are the same
well it was on ebay from Galpin Motors. and they had some labeled as 4.6L mufflers and the part numbers looked the same and the 4.6L said they would fit on the 5.4L as well, so I'm wondering if it's not the same muffler, but I thought the 5.4L's all came with a shelby exhaust?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts