Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent really taken my car far, but might go down to FL this summer. Any good roadtrip stories or long distance runs with the pony? I dont know if i would hate putting the miles on the car or enjoy the open road.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Longest road trip so far was from Connecticut to South Carolina. Making the same trip again in about a week.

·
Registered
219 Posts
2 years ago I drove from New Jersey to Myrtle Beach SC for Mustang Week. was a long haul about 7.5 hours, but I had a carivan of 3 other mustangs people with me along the way. it was a nice trip, it was in the middle of July and it was hot, luckily didnt catch any traffic along the way, so it was a nice cruise down I-95 on cruise control, hardest part was getting through Virginia without a radar detector, thats where I kinda had to cruise the speed limit.

overall I enjoyed the trip....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you visiting KDT, fuzzy? LOL

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Last year I drove from Orange County California to Idaho ( I moved back to Idaho ) which is about 1200 miles, fun drive but long.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow that is a long drive...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Went from home here in Florida to Central PA last fall. Round trip was 2,300 miles total. Fun times :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
910 Posts
I was out to Arizona twice and Nevada once. Plan another trip out to AZ in a couple weeks, then later a trip up to Seattle. The Stang is a great x-country car. Really helps with the car wars aspect of things when required.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Longest trip was when I brought her home. Flew to Baltimore, signed the paperwork and drove it back 1100 miles to south east Louisiana.

·
Registered
580 Posts
60 miles to Great Lakes Dragway

60 miles one way - I try to keep as little miles on my baby as possible:nono:

·
Registered
120 Posts
South Jersey to just outside of Columbus OH and then, about 3 weeks later, we went from SJ to Summerville, SC. :bigthumbsup

Don't hate putting miles on my baby, just don't have but a 7 mile commute (back country roads) to work. She was my DD up until last winter. I took delivery of her in late Oct 2007 and even with those two long trips she only has 23,500'ish miles on her. :laugh:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SC seems to be a popular spot...must be the fireworks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Corpus Christi TX to New Port Road Island and back.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
About 30 miles, the day I drove it home from the Delear. Other than that it's about 8 miles....I'd never drive it on a Trip, I'd rent a Car as I've never driven mine in the Rain or Snow and I know I'd run into some Rain on the Way:nono: Oh yea and It's only been on the Thruway one time, the day I bought it and drove it home. I Love My Stang!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KDT ??? What is that ? lol
He is a member on here who lives in SC and has a edlebrock supercharger. Not as funny if you dont know who he is...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
He is a member on here who lives in SC and has a edlebrock supercharger. Not as funny if you dont know who he is...
Ohhhhh.....The KDT did look a little familiar.....but after reading your post I thought it might be a brothel or something....lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
About 30 miles, the day I drove it home from the Delear. Other than that it's about 8 miles....I'd never drive it on a Trip, I'd rent a Car as I've never driven mine in the Rain or Snow and I know I'd run into some Rain on the Way:nono: Oh yea and It's only been on the Thruway one time, the day I bought it and drove it home. I Love My Stang!:bigthumbsup

8 miles! Thats barely enough time to get her warmed up. lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
South side of Houston to the northside of Houston lol

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The only real roadtrip I've ever been on in my stang was from here in DC to my wife's hometown of Johnstown, Pa, then back down though many mountain roads to the Greenbriar resort in southern WVA. All kinds of altitude changes, tons of twisties, tons of fun! ( for me, not for the wife...). She wanted out many times until I started driving like a granny... :winks

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.