Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I browse throught various product websites for mufflers. As far as I was always concerned Orig. 40 Series Flowmasters was gonna be the loudest, but I heard the ones that JBA have and they sound pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone out here can give me some info. Im looking for interior and exterior sound. I have a 06 GT all stock (for now :) )

·
Registered
767 Posts
You don't want the 40 series Flows, they actually take away power. That is why FM came out with the American Thunder series for the S197 cars.

As for loudest, SLP Loudmouth. Hands down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
JayholeUSMC said:
I browse throught various product websites for mufflers. As far as I was always concerned Orig. 40 Series Flowmasters was gonna be the loudest, but I heard the ones that JBA have and they sound pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone out here can give me some info. Im looking for interior and exterior sound. I have a 06 GT all stock (for now :) )
Hey JayholeUSMC,

I have the JBAs and like them alot. Others are louder but mine seem to be loud when I want them to be but less aggresive when I don't want them to be. I've heard the Flowmaster and Magnaflow too.

I'm located out in Spring Valley if you want to meet up somewhere and here them.

Like Hawgman said, louder doesn't mean more power.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
JayholeUSMC said:
This is what the JBA's sound like, on a GT, with a five speed and no mods to the engine.

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/video_gallery/2005%20Mustang%20gt%20JBA%20exhaust.wmv

·
Registered
914 Posts
heh...heh...I know exactly what they sound like now since I just installed mine today -nicey nice! :drool:

At first it seemed rather loud from inside the car - break-in drone? Heck if I know, but after just a few minutes it seemed to quiet down and it was not my imagination since I used my always reliable "how many bars on the volume" as indicator of how loud something was compared to before the change.

The JBAs are much deeper than stock and sound great, but they are far from being the loudest.

JetBlack said:
This is what the JBA's sound like, on a GT, with a five speed and no mods to the engine.

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/video_gallery/2005%20Mustang%20gt%20JBA%20exhaust.wmv

·
Registered
559 Posts
JayholeUSMC said:
Thanks for all the Info. Im still looking for more info
For my money, I got MAC axleback mufflers...

They are the closest sound to the "BIG BLOCK" motors of the 60s and early 70s...

I have heard from more people who ask me, "What are you runnin' in that thing???" because of the great sound it makes...

But don't take my word for it alone, ask others and you will get really confused...

Best of Luck, Dave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
You asked about "street legal" sound... I live in Idaho and there is no such thing as too loud. The police inspect your car when you register it. Get this:

The inspection consists of the officer checking to make certain the car has the same VIN on the dash as on the title. I could get plates for a cube, on a flatbed trailer. I bet I could get plates for a scrap of dashboard, with a VIN attached. I wonder if I could bring the scrap into the office or if I should park it at a meter :) I am responsible for keeping my car safe and functional.

Anyway, the city has noise ordinances for dB regarding stereos that could *probably* be stretched to exhaust but that would require a cop who is *not* a motorhead and I am not sure if they make those.

·
Registered
113 Posts
JetBlack said:
You asked about "street legal" sound... I live in Idaho and there is no such thing as too loud.
It's only a matter of time!

Some states have already begun attempts at legislating many after market performance parts. I believe that Illinois, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Massachusetts have attempted to prohibit or currently have active bills in their legislature to prohibit the use of exhaust systems other than a factory-installed muffler or similar verbiage. For our European members, I believe the EU already have past some regulations.

The SEMA Action Network (SAN) has more information regarding this and you may want to join to keep up to date on your State and/or Federal Government.

Billy

·
Registered
131 Posts
stlwagon said:
No doubt... Sometimes they're almost painful. But if loud is what you want, SLP delivers!
I install the SLP Loudmouths in June of last year and have had a great sounding car since then. I know you asked for a muffler but if you want loud then these are the pipes for you. Here is a post I did at YMR of the install of my pipes.

http://www.ymrforums.com/showthread.php?t=13384

:drool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love my MACs!:laughlitt

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
RPM said:
Wow! really? I did not know this. Just add that to the list of laws the car breaks..

No front plate
Front door window tint
no city sticker

The flowmasters I dont think will get me in trouble as long as I dont do anything stoopid.

http://www.ori.net/stillcruzin/Flows.WAV

·
Registered
39 Posts
JayholeUSMC said:
I think the loudest mufflers are the Corsa axlebacks but at $600 it's still worth it in my opinion. I'm planning on ordering them from www.autopartswarehouse.com
Here is a website of a guy with them installed in his stock 05 www.riscx.com/05_mustang/#
These clips just sold it to me.:worship
Corsa Catback w/ stock manifolds and cats

Corsa Catback w/ Kooks Longtube headers and x-pipe w/ cats
just go to video lounge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Has anyone tried getting rid of the mufflers all together and just running straight pipes??

Was thinking about attempting this in the spring.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
06GTPony said:
Has anyone tried getting rid of the mufflers all together and just running straight pipes??

Was thinking about attempting this in the spring.
:rolleyes:
Isn't that the same as the SLP Loudmouths? If it is, it would certainly be cheaper than the Loudmouths. I'm thinking around the $50 price range including installation.:wavey

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.