Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to swap out my tried(tired??) and true 5.0 for a 4.6 cammer. What modular motor would give me the best bang for the buck? I was thinking a Mark VIII motor would do since they seem to be plentiful in the Penn. junk yards. At this time buying a new motor from Ford is out of the question. :nono:

Any ideas ould be appreciated

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I would like to swap out my tried(tired??) and true 5.0 for a 4.6 cammer. What modular motor would give me the best bang for the buck? I was thinking a Mark VIII motor would do since they seem to be plentiful in the Penn. junk yards. At this time buying a new motor from Ford is out of the question. :nono:

Any ideas ould be appreciated
its going to be really expensive. if you are unaware of what is involved, then check out ModularFox my friend and i are collecting parts for this same swap into his 88 mustang, and i currently have the mark 8 engine and auto trans. in order for you to convert the mark 8 engine for mustang use, you will need the cobra intake, oil pan and pickup, and throttle cable. this would be from a 96-98 cobra.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You'd also have to get a modular computer or a new aftermarket system to operate it. It'd be really expensive but a good project if you have the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.