Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I saw this picture because I was checking out the CDC chin spoiler on the front of this ride. However what and where can I get these, i guess they'd be called, lower grille inserts? I circled them in red. Picture is attached below.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
They are grille inserts for the 05-o9 gt's moss muscle.com has them thats where I got mine love em.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That is the as said above the agent 47 lower grill incert usually used in combination with brake cooling kit.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
...and like all Agent 47 products, it costs twice what it should. :so

~HA

Do you manufacture small volume items for a living?:scratchchin

·
Registered
777 Posts
All I know is that, more often than not, you can find items comparable to Agent 47 products, but notably cheaper. Same deal with Steeda. Or Ford Racing. There's a certain amount of that price that comes simply from the name attached.

~HA

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate to say it, but HeavyArmor is right. I understand the cost of manufacturing small quantities, but the markup is still too high.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thats way too much to pay for a lower grill imo.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I owned a Corvette business for 18 years and designed/engineered products for that market, mostly hot mold injection stuff. I can tell you the mold along for that grill was at least 80,000-90,000 min.. You either need a lot of customers to purchase or a very high piece part cost to recoup your investment. Also I would guess the min. order from the injection mold company is somewhere between 300-600 units per order at a cost of 145.00 (guess) per piece part. I installed one on my 05 GT and I can tell you its "top notch" as far as quality, fit, form and function. :gringreen

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the agent 47 brake cooling kit and mirrors on mine and they are good quality and I think they are worth the cost. I have found that trying to do it on the cheap costs more in the long run. I pay for quality stuff the first time and move on to the next mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.