Ford Mustang Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went out and found a '93 Mercury Topaz GS with a manual V6, just to pretend I'm driving the Stang, but there is still no comparison. Sure can't till spring to break her out of her stable and ride her once again. YEE-HAW!!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
San Diego

2horseowner said:
Oh - we SEE snow. I can see it on the mountains in the distance. :laughlitt It's an especially nice view when driving with the top down - like every day this week :eyepoppin
Shut up. I just don't want to hear it. I haven't seen asphalt since Halloween or so. However.... we have no emission control here. By that I mean there is no emission test for your car. Do they still do that elsewhere? Used to be we had to get tested every year, back East.

Another goodie. Guess what they do for an inspection, when you buy a car? It costs a whopping $8, but the officer walks to your car and [brace yourself] checks to make certain the numbers on your VIN match the numbers on your title!

Drag slicks? Straight pipes? "Accidentally" missing catalytic converters [oops! They must have fallen off somehow, on the way to getting registered!]? All emissions control hoses plugged with screws and JB Weld?

Who cares? Not the inspectors, apparently.

Does Sandy Ego have seasons? How do you know when it's "winter"? Not to worry, I am not dissing on San Diego! The first car I ever drove was bought there, when my Dad was in the Navy [1969 VW bus]. Frankly, I wish it was warm enough here to drive my baby all year long but alas....

Still waiting to see someone put a sunroof or moonroof in a s197 Mustang.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Shnell

The Porsche is my daily driver as well as the winter beater.
Even at 150 horsepower it is a blast to drive.

The Bronco in the background is reserved for those truly adventurous days. It needs a new home by the way. :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Winter? What's "winter"?

thump_rrr said:
Hi everyone,

With winter rapidly approaching I figured it would be interesting to see what everyone who stores their Stangs drives for the winter.

My CRX-Si with 322,000Km. or 199,000Mi.
We don't have that down here, but I do drive a 1993 Ford Bronco with a 351bb and 4x4 when I go out to the swamp.:winks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re-ee-eallly???

brnrkm said:
The Porsche is my daily driver as well as the winter beater.
Even at 150 horsepower it is a blast to drive.

The Bronco in the background is reserved for those truly adventurous days. It needs a new home by the way. :winks
New home, huh? It'd be a HELL of a roadtrip for me, but just out of curiosity, how much ya want for it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
generalelectric said:
Pics? I've always liked the 150 flareside.
Here's my 'girl'! We just put the lift and tires/rims on this summer - I was a little worried how she would do in the snow, but we had her off-road in a hilly field with about 5 inches of snow last night and she does terrific! I'm so proud...:smoke:

Not sure I like the rims, so when these tires wear out, I may replace them...
Thanks for letting me show her off!! :eyepoppin

http://www.fordf150.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=3698

61 - 66 of 66 Posts