Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the tallest and widest slick size you can put on a stock suspension mustang with only rolling the fender wells?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone know what the tallest and widest slick size you can put on a stock suspension mustang with only rolling the fender wells?
I ran a 26x10.5x15 with no problems at all, just had to run dumps so the tail pipes didn't rub on the inside of the tire, but other then that no other issues and you can leave the quad shock.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
i have run 28x10.5x15
+1 28x10.5x15 is about the max. That's what you'll want to go with.

Hey, there's a reason the NMRA has the Super Street Outlaw 10.5 Freak Show!:gringreen

R

·
0 Posts
+1 28x10.5x15 is about the max. That's what you'll want to go with.

Hey, there's a reason the NMRA has the Super Street Outlaw 10.5 Freak Show!:gringreen

A real man only needs 10.5".....:happyhapp

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Reg, if you dont mind me asking, What rim/rim size were you running that with? And what was the Backspacing?

·
Registered
460 Posts
What do you size do you need to have to get rid of the quad shock?

R

·
0 Posts
What do you size do you need to have to get rid of the quad shock?
when they start to rub there is no magic size that says remove quads

but most likely if you are the point of using slicks the quads have been removed long ago....

·
Registered
256 Posts
In june of 08 super fords issue they show you how to tuck a wider and taller tire, one of my competition partners has a 28x11.5 ET Street under his with 4in back spacing, yeah i thought mini tube too but nope, and believe it or not he has just as much room as I do with 28x10.5 and i beat the living daylights out of my fender wall and rolled the fender flat.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My car is stock suspension other than eibach drag springs. It has gone 11.50's before on P255/50R16 (26'' x 10.5'' - 16'') mickey thompson et drag radials, but I dont think it will hook this year. Last year I ran 12.8 without nitrous and 11.5 with a 100 shot. This year with my new combo I ran a 12.16 without the nitrous. I have not tried the nitrous yet, but notticed that it had problems hooking without it. PINKS is comming to my track in three weeks and I have to get this tire issue figgured out soon. Its a street car so im looking for something that I can run on the streets too. So let me know what you think.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Can I ask you ^^ something? What is the basic synopsis of Pinks? You race for your car? I saw the show a bit but never really watched. Maybe I should :headscratch:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.