Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 17" bullitt wheels with the Ford logo center caps. I want to replace them with the Pony caps. Is it necessary to take the wheels off to remove the caps? If not, any suggestions on how to remove them without scratching the wheels? Thanks.

G

·
peecmkr said:
I have the 17" bullitt wheels with the Ford logo center caps. I want to replace them with the Pony caps. Is it necessary to take the wheels off to remove the caps? If not, any suggestions on how to remove them without scratching the wheels? Thanks.
You must take off the wheels and pop em out from behind, very painless mod.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just got my pony spinner caps yesterday and you do not need to take off the wheels. Get a small screwdriver and wrap it with tape then carefully pry between the wheel and the grey plastic center cap. As soon as you see a space, get a larger screwdriver (wrapped with tape) in there and it pops out easily. I did this and there are no gouges or scratches to the wheel.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
181 Posts
i know this is a little off topic, but i just got my wheel spinners from brs parts, and yea i need emblems since my factory spinners were stolen. where could i get these?

·
Registered
514 Posts
if you got the spinners from ford they come with the center stickers....id go to ford

·
Registered
209 Posts
BRS sells different emblems for the caps, but I think they cost just as much as the spinner caps. Doh!!!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Did you get them off without wheel removal? I took a small chip of chrome when I tried that screwdriver method. And I was being carefull.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stoenr said:
Did you get them off without wheel removal? I took a small chip of chrome when I tried that screwdriver method. And I was being carefull.
I got mine off yesterday without wheel removal. I used a very small screwdriver (the kind that jewelers use) with the very thin tip and only 1/8 inch wide to start the gap. I did have to play with the angle of attach to get it in the gap. Then I used a regular screwdriver in there once the gap was started to pry the cap off. I didn't chip a thing and only took me about a minute per wheel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Are the pony center caps an aftermarket option only? I've noticed a few take off wheels for sale that have the pony centers, and I was wondering if that was an 06 option, or if some got these from the factory while others get the blue Ford oval. If someone is going to take off the wheels and sell them (barely used) why would they bother to order aftermarket center caps?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts