Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else done this? Take a round toilet brush, cut the handle and carve it down until you can stick it into a cordless drill. Use the drill powered brush to clean your wheels. I did this 8 years ago with my 2003 F150 H-D truck, it had hard to clean 20" wheels. Keep the water/soap away from the drill, obviously. I hate cleaning wheels, this was a way of making it easier.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have one that's attached to a 1/2" rod about 3' long that I use to clean axle tubes when I rebuild a rearend. I have a foam "cone" that attaches to my cordless drill for washing the wheels.

One other trick, I have a leaf blower that has never been used to vacuum anything that I use to blow dry the car after I wash it. Does a real good job of getting water out of the hard to reach places like around the rear windows, mirrors, grille, etc.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Not bad. My wife wants me to rig one up FOR the toilet.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't the bristles scratch up the wheel finish?
I have never seen any scratching, the bristles are plastic and handle is plastic. I rinse as much dirt off wheels as possible, stick brush end in wash bucket, then start out slowly to keep soap from flying everywhere.
You can mess up wheel finish using foam cones or balls with polishing compound if not careful with drill speed, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.