Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever regretted the choice of the wheel they chose? If you got chrome u got sick of it? if you bought black you got sick of it? ect. ect.

looking to get a rim and trying to find a good one. thanks guys/girls

-Joe

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I have Chrome and I like them. Easy to care for and they look great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be honest, I have black rims, and when they get a little dirty it really looks awful. Also, if other people are occassionally stealing your keys (girlfriend -.-) and curbrash your rear passenger side rim... black rims are the worst.

$0.02

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, I have black rims, and when they get a little dirty it really looks awful. Also, if other people are occassionally stealing your keys (girlfriend -.-) and curbrash your rear passenger side rim... black rims are the worst.

$0.02
do you ever find yourself, having black rims, that they "dissapear" into your tire? thats my only concern. i really like the 5 spoke blacks but just concerned :) thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got black deepdish cobra r's with the polished lip and I really like them on my red car. Seems every place I go I get positive comments on them. It really boils down to personal preference, but the good comments help keep me from getting sick of them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
do you ever find yourself, having black rims, that they "dissapear" into your tire? thats my only concern. i really like the 5 spoke blacks but just concerned :) thanks!
I think your best bet would be either chrome, or the aluminum finish. IMO black rims on your car would "disappear" into the whole wheel well. I ended up having mine professionally painted to match my cars paint code. I love the white on white. Maybe you could try a hyper black? Then you have a little chrome shine to offset the flat black of the tire. Just a thought.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, everyone knows what the color of the stock rims are, the mineral gray bullitts, anyone seen mineral gray cobra r's?? wondering if that w/ a black lip would look sick!! let me know. just things I'm throwing around!

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I take the car out to a meet or something and I shine up the tires, yes they kinda fade into the tires. I was just trying to add some "Hey thats different" factor to the car, seeing as to everyone around here has crome // grey bullitt rims. However if I could go back, I'd try to get some gun-metal or a really dark grey tone over the black. Dirt shows way to easy on the black rims, and it can be quite annoying to have to clean them three times a week (not to mention, like I said my girlfriend curb rashed one and it shows...:headscratch:).

If you live in an area with any kind of dirt roads I'd stay far away from the black rims.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i dont think black rims with a chrome or polished lip disappear into the tires. only all black rims seem to have that effect. that being said i like my anthracite (gunmetal if you want to call it) bullitts. i got ones with a polished lip and of course got the deep dish out back. i knew i wasnt going to get sick of the classic bullitt look or the anthracite color. at the time i was very tempted to get black but i figured after a while i might have gotten sick of them, that's why i went with the anthracite.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Last summer i got some black bullitts and i love them the chrome lip keeps them from getting lost in the tire. i think its b-e-a-utiful
jus my 2 pennies
good luck with your search tho!

·
Registered
62 Posts
IMO the all black rims just look mean! To me, they just look like your not trying to hard to stand out, even though you will with the black rims because they are different. As long as you black out the rest of your car, like windows, emblems, lights, etc. it will look sick. I have a 02 GT that is True Blue and that is the route I think Im gonna go. Alll Blacked out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have chrome cobra R's to be honest i dont like them much they bore me. I would love a black Set of cobra R's or Black FR500's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.