Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a wrecked 93 lx with 17x9 chrome cobra r's the person i got the car from has no clue about where the wheel lock key could be. any help on getting the wheel lock off would be greatly appreciated
thank you
-brian

·
Registered
244 Posts
I used a really big and stron pair of pressure pliers to take one off once...heard that you could also try jamming the cross wrench into it as far as you can and hope it tightens itself enough around it to be able to turn it...try taking it to a wheel shop and see if they can do something

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just about ant tire shop should be able to take them off. They should have a kit that has all the masters in it. :smoke:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Take a 1/2 drive Craftsman socket one size smaller than one that will fit over the top of the locking lug. Hammer it onto the lug till it's jammed on there, and then use the ratchet to remove it like normal. Once it's off you can knock the lug out of the socket with a punch or the like from the back. Works like a charm, I've done it many times. I only use Craftsman tools for this jobs like this, that way if I would happen to waste it, Sears will give me a shiny new one, no questions asked.

·
Banned
918 Posts
If you do not have access to a wheel lock master key set, do what Saleen owner posted as I have gotten them off that way as well.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
If they are Ford/McGard, the dealer will have the key - they're cheap too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
WHEEL lOCK REMOVAL

I had the same problem. Went to a local tire store and they had a socket with reverse strirations that fit over the lead edge of nut and with their pneumatic wrench it gripped the nut and backed it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
like saleen owner said thats the cheapest and easiest way to get em off, i have to do it for people all the time, never has failed me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.