Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wana get some new rims for my mustang. i would like to fill in the wheel well, because the stock rims are way too small. i've included a picture of the rims i want and a picture of my baby ;). anyone have any experience with this? i don't want to lose performance and i deffinatly don't want to spend too much.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/jash7205/100_1410.jpg

and this is the style wheel i want, i just picked a random size. idk what to get here. (?)x(?) ???

Black Bullitt Wheel 94-04 (17x8)

S

·
0 Posts
You'll be going from 15" to 17". You won't lose any performance and if you do get those from American Muscle you won't be spending tons of dough. I just got those same rims in 18x10 and 18x9 for my 96. The black is going to look killer on your Stang. If you go with the 17x8 you would be good to go with some 245/45 17's. That will give you some nice width and keep a bit of heighth to the tires as well. Check out my gallery and you'll see a few pics that show my stock 16's next to the nex 18's.

Go for it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha thanks. why would you recommend 17's over 18's? oh and i'll probably throw some lowering springs on there to close that gap between the wheel and the wheel well. you should do that too, you can drop it an inch for like 150 and it makes a huge difference. check out this 'stang i found. i really love the body kit and stance of it, and i'd like to have something similar eventually.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/jash7205/np12.jpg

btw- nice side exhaust, looks mad good

S

·
0 Posts
hahaha thanks. why would you recommend 17's over 18's? oh and i'll probably throw some lowering springs on there to close that gap between the wheel and the wheel well. you should do that too, you can drop it an inch for like 150 and it makes a huge difference. check out this 'stang i found. i really love the body kit and stance of it, and i'd like to have something similar eventually.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m161/jash7205/np12.jpg

btw- nice side exhaust, looks mad good

I wouldn't recommend one over the other... I just went with 18"s. It just depends on what you want to spend. I also have FMS C Springs sitting in my garage - I just haven't put them on yet. That's an inch drop and should still be ok with my exhaust. keep in mind if you want to be able to rotate your tires you'll want the same width rims and tires all around. I staggered mine because I like the look but I also don't put tons of miles on the car.

Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust... I love it!

Keep us posted...

Snack

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what width do you think i should go with?

btw i think i'm gunna paint the brake callipers too, might look nice

S

·
0 Posts
Hey jash,

I think like a 17x9 wrapped in a 255/40 17 would be a nice look. Not too big and not too small. That would give you a nice tire width and heighth and that would like nice with an inch drop.

Just a thought...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.