Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used wheel spacers? I bought some 1" wheel spacers as my rear tires rubbed a tad when I turned and hit a bump. The studs on the existing hub are slightly to long and my rim hits the old studs when I mount my tire. I used a flat washer and a locking washer on the wheel spacer stud then put my rim on as then it would clear the old studs. Does anyone see a problem with this??

·
Registered
212 Posts
have used them before on another type of car chevy with no issues but they just bolted on no washers flat on hub hope this helps

·
Registered
371 Posts
shouldnt be a problem as long as the lugs are torqued properly.. dont want one of your tires passing by you as you come to a stop one day :evillol:

·
Registered
371 Posts
roadrunner have you had your car dyno'd or have you ran it through the quarter already? nice set up!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have them torqued down and that would be about the worse to have a wheel come off.

Thanks 88GT!!! I had the car on the dyno before the electric fan and it came it at 316 rwhp. Waiting to get my drive shaft loop on and slicks before I head to the strip.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That's almost the power I want out o my new build! Are your afr's ported any? I have the cam you're running at home right now too :kooky:.... But I'm thinking about a custom grind for more power and to make it a little more radical. I want around 340 to the tire though. 1 more question, where did you make peak power at?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the heads are not ported, just my upper and lower intake. I believe AFR says to NOT port their heads. I like my cam a lot and it made a huge difference but it is milder then I thought it was going to be. I would maybe lean towards a custom grind as it would be exactly for your combo.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Still didn't tell me where you make peak power at ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahhh sorry!! Going off of memory it was between 5600 and 5700. I can't remember which one was was peak but they were within 2hp

·
Registered
371 Posts
So the cam is pretty close to it's max range when coupled with that typhoon intake huh? The cam specs say from 1800-5800... Close enough for government work :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts