Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting BONOSS wheel spacers ... 10mm or 12mm (need to measure up still) but I've read a few posts on here about vibration caused by them.

·
Super Moderator
3,027 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
short answer: Bad

Why do you want spacers?

Reactions: rickyracer1983

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my 14 GT, anything more than an 8mm spacer and you lose the concentric feature of the wheel and stud becomes too short.
Luckily, my 18 x 9's only needed exactly this much to run that year Brembos.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Short answer: BAD and try to never do it. Lots of shops will refuse service if they see them prior to taking the wheel off.

·
Registered
1996 Mustang Cobra Laser Red
147 Posts
I had to put wheel spacers on my rears in order to keep the 315s from rubbing against the shocks. I think they were 3/8. I just bought whatever O’Reillys had in stock. I’ve had no issues with them.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Looking into getting BONOSS wheel spacers ... 10mm or 12mm (need to measure up still) but I've read a few posts on here about vibration caused by them.
IMHO, I would not put a spacer on any driver....... back in the days they were made out of steel and broke the lugs "spontaneously", today, many are made of billet aluminum... great, just what you want, a component that by it's physical properties can develop fractures, the additional width increases dynamic stressors onto the suspension which none of these "spacer Mfg's" have done any analysis on to see if you will be exceeding the suspension design specs (and yes, this means either component failure or components wearing out early).

IMHO, avoid.

Reactions: rickyracer1983

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Ghetto bad.

Reactions: Beechkid

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
I am still wondering WHY the OP wants spacers . . . they can be a short-term, low cost fix for clearance problems; but can cause a bunch of different issues, so they aren't really a good long-term alternative to wheels that fit correctly . . . I'm guessing he wants to push the wheels out to make the tires look wider, and if so I'd suggest saving his money for wider wheels and tires instead

1 - 10 of 10 Posts