1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Check American Muscles return policy probably not an issue to return.

That being said some people are against spacers for safety reasons especially on the front.

Probably not an issue if not too big, torqued and good quality but would cause more load on wheel bearings, etc.. but so could a wider wheel with a different offset.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i wouldnt do the 1 inch,imo.
i put 1/4" on all wheels of my gt. just to pull the wheel out to meet the fender edge. if they pass the fender edge,i think it looks dumb.
i didnt have to change lugs or anything,they have worked out fine,no issues here. but again i only used 1/4 spacers.
good luck :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i wouldnt do the 1 inch,imo.
i put 1/4" on all wheels of my gt. just to pull the wheel out to meet the fender edge. if they pass the fender edge,i think it looks dumb.
i didnt have to change lugs or anything,they have worked out fine,no issues here. but again i only used 1/4 spacers.
good luck :bigthumbsup
that doesnt sound too bad doing the 1/4", but 1" i wouldnt do. you would have to replace all your studs with real long ones, that and the spacers are not very highly recommended. i`d have to dig up the numbers, but i went with a backspacing on my rear wheels that set them out almost 1/2" wider than what am uses on their aftermarkets. with the 275`s they are right at the edge of the top of my wheel well. with the wheel wells curving in, in the rain i still throw water like a dune buggy :) you can put 255/50`s on those gt takeoffs, and they will sit nice and wide. thats what i`m running on the frt, and maybe soon on my rear too( back to 8" wheels and the 255`s on all 4)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops. I may have posted the wrong link. The ones I was looking at were 1/4" :myangel All I'm really looking to do is make the wheels flush with the fenders until it's time for new tires, at which point I'll get new wheels/tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.