Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 v6 w/pony package and I was wondering if 18x9/10 GT tires and rims would look good on my car, with the stock suspension. Or would it look weird?

·
Registered
344 Posts
It wouldn't look wierd at all, but I think it looks better when the car is lowered a little. That way the tires and wheels fill the wheel well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do agree with the lower look...I just didnt want it to look like they didn't fit, belong there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think they would look good as well. :) I also have a quick question.. Do you think black or silver rims would look better on a satin silver stang? :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get the black rims. I think they would add some nice contrast.

·
Registered
515 Posts
THere are a few things to think about before lowering your car. For one, what area do you normally drive in? For example, are there a ton of pot holes etc?

In general those rims look good etc. I have 20" rims on my car and I think it looks great. But what i have discovered, once you go past 18", its really beats on your shocks and struts. So I suggest upgrading those to. I have upgraded to Tokico shock and struts from AM and WOW, they are great. My handling has improved like a 100 fold!!!!! We ahve some win-e roads here in the suburbs of STL and other areas far out. I have notice on my route on HWY 94 towards Herman Mo... (its like the scene from Fast and Furious 3 at the end, but its about 20 miles long!!!) on my stock suspension I could only handle going about 60 MPH. NOw I have no problem hit'n 80-90MPH on that trail!!!!

So the right size tires along with suspension will give you that near perfect ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, where I live the roads are terrible, (I feel pain for my car over every bump:weeps) and some new suspension would be great. How much does it cost for someone to install it?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think they would look good as well. :) I also have a quick question.. Do you think black or silver rims would look better on a satin silver stang? :)
I don't like the all black wheels, but some that are black with satin edges like teh GT500 wheels I have right now. I think the all silver or chrome wheels don't add enough contrast as well. Along with lowering my car with Roush Extreme springs I replaced the stock Struts and Shocks with the KONI STR-T non adjustable's(Orange ones). I have to admit they give a firm ride and might not be good for rough roads, but I sure do like the stance I now sport.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Those wheels would look great! If I could get my hands on some I'd take them in an instant. Definitely lower the car as mentioned, and since you live where there are some rough roads maybe like 1.25" would feel a little better than 1.5" or even 2" where I hear you start to run into problems. I personally love really rough rides but it's all up to preference.

If you have any sort of mechanical knowledge you may just consider doing the install yourself. It's really not too bad once you understand the basics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright well I'll look into doing the install myself, and it might not be that bad since my neighbor has a car lift (It's always good to get to know the neighbors!)

·
Registered
85 Posts
+1 on 20 inch rims
i have 315/35/zr20s continental dws...these beasts can stop anywhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts