Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out taking pictures the other evening... setting sun, autumn colors, shiney torch red GT... but I overlooked cleaning the wheel wells :doh: and the pictures were not as good as they could have been (example attached). What do you folks use to get the wheel wells nice and black again after they've been caked in mud and gunk?

Wasn't a total loss, though, at least I know the lighting conditions & background will work well. Now I just have to wait for another sunny evening before all the leaves drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
use a lot of the spray on/leave on tire cleaner. With the wheel wells wet, spray it on (spray a lot) and walk away.

It won't be 100%, but it will look much better than before.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Lowering the car a little will help hide the wells a bit. (as well as aid in handeling and make it look better.)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STONECOLD said:
Lowering the car a little will help hide the wells a bit. (as well as aid in handeling and make it look better.)
what? and not be able to put chains on in the winter??? :jester:

·
Registered
20 Posts
After cleaning with car wash soap and water using a brush with hard plastic bristles, I use Krylon semi-flat black. Just be careful with the over-spray.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Griot's gargae makes a great under carriage spray, spray on and walk away its great stuff. check out the web page... Griotsgarage.com

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Try to move to either side a bit; the reflection off the body is really strong - I would have moved more to the front side of the car; would have fixed some of the sun reflection and maybe gotten rid of that shadow in front left. Don't if that's close to your place but a 3-ft ladder would have given a good perspective and played down the wheel-wells a bit.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
meatball said:
Try to move to either side a bit; the reflection off the body is really strong - I would have moved more to the front side of the car; would have fixed some of the sun reflection and maybe gotten rid of that shadow in front left. Don't if that's close to your place but a 3-ft ladder would have given a good perspective and played down the wheel-wells a bit.
thanks for the tips. that wasn't one of the best of the series, but a good example of the dirty wheel wells. I'll have to figure out photoshop one of these days to get rid of shadows and such.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just use the high pressure wash hose set on soap, then rinse. Mine look factory fresh:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts