Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheel work to fit 315s...and pics

9K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  stlwagon 
G
#1 ·
So I decided I need to improve traction. I did some measuring and test fiting. Originally I test fit a 315 BFGoodrich D/R on my 10" wheel with absolutely no rubbing but the narrow wheel was noticeably pinching the wheel. Not to mention this tire is only about 25.5" in overall diameter making it a very short tire leaving a BIG fender gap.

Now I know they are not the fanciest wheels but I've grown attached to them not to mention they are not expensive so if something went wrong I wouldn't be out a whole lot. Plus a good friend runs the Belle Tire shop in town and is giving me a hand. So I decided to send one wheel over to Weldcraft and had them add in 3/4 of an inch for a test run. Its back and the rubber is mounted!

The inner wheel wall does rub against the bump plate when the suspension is almost completely decompressed. At ride height there is plenty room. I didn't get a chance to take it for a test spin since the combo wasn't balanced yet but I dont foresee any problems. If need be I can cut and reweld the bump stop plates to give me any additional room necessary....So what do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
G
#3 ·
They are 18" with the Toyo TQ (26.6") in the photo. It was worse with the BFG. The suspension will settle a little more once I run it on the street. I jacked it up and put jack stands under the pinch points so I could let the rear axle drop and move through its range of motion. The next biggest tire that I was interested in was the Nitto NT05R but that comes in around 28" and thats a little too tall for my taste.

#4 ·
I figured they were 18" dia, I was talking the really short-looking sidewalls in the pic, which looked in the photos to be 20-series which would account for the small overall diameter. A 40-series 315 18 inch NT05 sounds like maybe 28 inches...though I haven't looked it up...

G
#5 ·
They are 315/35s which the manufacturer claims to be 26.6" in overall diameter. I think part of the problem is the suspension still hasn't settled from swinging free and the passenger side still has the factory KDW affixed to the hub. Once I get both on I will run it and take some new pics. See if that makes a difference.

#9 ·
might be pricy bro but damn that looks good! (pic on the right)

#12 ·
I hear guys with fat tires have compensation issues. :p:hihi:

G
#13 ·
Nitto 555R 305's

Sorry it has taken soo long but the car has been over at Livernois for the last couple of months. The wheels and tires have been sitting in the garage for a couple of weeks ready to go. I brought the car back for the weekend and the first thing I did was get it up on jack stands and test fit them. They fit perfect! I have about a 1/2 inch of clearance between the tire and bump stop plate and I am flush at the fender lip.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.