Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 GT and have an opportunity to purchase a set of 19.5 X 9 FR 500 wheels. Recently purchased this car so not really familiar with all things yet. Will these fit my 06? Also any suggestion on tires (that don't cost as much as the car).
Brown Automotive tire Wood Alloy wheel Tread

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
You have to determine the offset. To understand what that is look here:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After doing some research I learned that there is info on the inside of the rims. The corrected size is 18 X 9 rims. There are numerous other numbers stamped inside but I don't know what they mean. Again I'm trying to see if these rims will be okay for my 06 GT as well as suggestions for tires.
Brown Automotive tire Wood Alloy wheel Tread

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
sorry for late reply, hope it is not TOO late . . .

if you can post a picture of those numbers we can help figure out what they mean

there should be someting like 40mm ET or similar, which is the offset . . . generally an "FR 500" wheel probably will fit, since the name suggests they were designed for Mustang, but I am not sure

regarding the tires: Tire Rack is an awesome resource for tire info, whether you buy them there or not. You can look up your old/original tires; take note of the tire diameter; then look at other tires that will fit those wheels and also shop based on price and performance. After you look up a specific tire, look at the "SPECS" tab and you'll see all of this information.

Reactions: huberoy123
1 - 4 of 4 Posts