Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide if I can go to 17x9 wheels on the front on my car. I am told by some that the 9's extend out a little and cause more stone chips to occur. I think they improved the wheel protection in 1995. Any ideas for 1994?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dude! put some 17x9's on that car or bigger... Why are you worried about stone chips on your paint do you live down a gravel road or something they are gonna happen regardless of what size tire and wheel combo you have or what streets you drive on... I should know I live in Tucson Arizona and for some reason they have a affinity for chip sealing all the time out here and I am okay on my paint job... No stone chips in the paint... I am pretty sure Ford did not do some extra chip protection on Mustangs between 94 and 95 don't even worry about it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
IMO, 17x9's are the smallest that should be put on a SN95 car. If I wasn't poor, I'd have some 18x9's up front and 18x10.5's out back just to fill up the fender well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ya I know what you mean... I wish I was rich too... Oh well but you could maybe find some good wheel and tire packages on the internet or in the magazines... The only big problem with SN-95 cars is the cavernous rear inner wheel wells. They really need a lot of tire and wheel in the back of the car just to look right...

G

·
yeh im about to put some 17x9's on a 255 in the front and 17x10.5's on 275 in the rear, my wheels i have now are on the same size tire but there just 17x8's all around i have the 99-00 gt wheels now. there ok but i want those black bullit wheels.my car is yellow with black top and black mustang gt lettering on rear bumper.....you guys think the black bullit wheels will look good?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Go with 18s . . no question, no doubt. If you do 17s, you'll wish you had done 18s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.