Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve got a Ford Mustang V6 Premium, Can someone help me showing me how to change the wheels spinners?
All tutorial will be welcome.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Best to take off the wheel and pop them from behind. There's a spring that holds them in-place.

·
Registered
116 Posts
can't you just pull them off?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If they are the Ford spinners they just pull straight out. They are spring loaded.
First time I ran the 16x7 wheels at the drags the tech guy said the wheels were good but the spinners had to go. I was ready to go home; it wasn't worth it to me to do all that jacking around to get them off. Another fellow overheard and read my mind: he reached down, grapped one ear of a spinner and BLIP! The spinner was off.

Nice to know. There is an easy leverage angle that works good. He said he was a parts guy at a Ford dealer and they kept having to replace them on the lot cars until someone made the connection and they started having a lot boy harvest them at night and replant them in the morning.

PS: There is some kind of drawer pull or something, available at Home Depot or the like, that is of the correct diameter to keep the spring-loaded fingers from collapsing so the cap will pop out. Installed from the back of the wheel, it makes the caps harder to get off, bu increases the likelihood of wheel damage by a determined thief.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice to know. There is an easy leverage angle that works good.
Just grab a spoke of the spinner, and pull it out a little bit, then up towards you and out in one good pull. Putting them back in I just push it in dead on until it is in a little bit, then just give it a good sideways punch to the center cap and voilà!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.