Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not new to mustangs, and this would be my second one. I have had this issue with both mustangs I have owned. (88 and 89) The wheels stick out past the fenders about 1/2-3/4 inch out. Maybe less. But none the less they stick out and is noticeable. I have SN95 spindles which I am 95% sure are off a 94-95 mustang. On the SN95 spindle's, you can tell the difference between the two spindles, by the Knuckle on the spindle correct?

The wheels I am using are real 2003 Cobra 17x9's. Now, I have come to the conclusion that I probably won't be able to run these wheels ever. I am willing to put on different wheels, to get that wheel inside the fender!!! (Any one have 99-04 GT wheels sale/trade?? If I come up with proof that they will fit!!!) I have dealt with this for over a year. :sterb: After my experience with the Sn95 spindles, it leads me to believe that they DO NOT keep the same track width. Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!! Any one else have issue's with the track width with these spindles??? Not trying to spend a bunch on wheels and I know this would correct the problem, but don’t have much to spend.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
CarJway said:
Well, not new to mustangs, and this would be my second one. I have had this issue with both mustangs I have owned. (88 and 89) The wheels stick out past the fenders about 1/2-3/4 inch out. Maybe less. But none the less they stick out and is noticeable. I have SN95 spindles which I am 95% sure are off a 94-95 mustang. On the SN95 spindle's, you can tell the difference between the two spindles, by the Knuckle on the spindle correct?

The wheels I am using are real 2003 Cobra 17x9's. Now, I have come to the conclusion that I probably won't be able to run these wheels ever. I am willing to put on different wheels, to get that wheel inside the fender!!! (Any one have 99-04 GT wheels sale/trade?? If I come up with proof that they will fit!!!) I have dealt with this for over a year. :sterb: After my experience with the Sn95 spindles, it leads me to believe that they DO NOT keep the same track width. Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!! Any one else have issue's with the track width with these spindles??? Not trying to spend a bunch on wheels and I know this would correct the problem, but don’t have much to spend.
If you have 94/95 Spindles the P/N will either begin with F4 or F5, if not you have newer ones. I run Factory Ford Bullitts on my car and they fit great with 95 Spindles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s good to hear! Thanks for the response “shakerhood!!!” I am going to go look at the spindles after I get out of work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I do have the 94 spindles... So this leaves me in the dark... I have researched so much about this topic and don't exactly find a solid answer. With that said. I need 17x8 wheels, like the 1998 cobra or the bullitt's. I am guessing here. I did try the cobra wheels from a; i want to say 94-97 not sure on that, but they didn't fit either. They stuck out just as much. So I am coming to the conclusion that those wheels have a different off-set then wheels like the bullitt's-1998 cobra wheels????

Oh and thanks again Shakerhood for helping me out here...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Factory Bullitts fit like a glove on my car, and yes they are 17x8s. To run 17x9s on the Fox with the SN95 Brakes you need front wheels with a 5.98" B/S and on the rear a 6.42" B/S. Good Luck on your car, BTW if you have any rubbing issues you can solve it with a set of rack limiters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.